Saturday, January 30, 2010

Don't Even Know

Well, I don't even know what to title this post since I have so many things to say. I almost called it "Socializing" because that is what we have been doing tons of this week!

I told you about John's birthday dinner on Monday night. Then Wednesday, I went out with my fun second grade team for appetizers after school. It was my assistant's birthday and we went to Firebirds which is such a good restaurant. I love my team and we have so much fun together! I am thankful I get to work with people I like! :) Meanwhile, Steve hosted a Men's Bible Study at our house that night.

Thursday night was Steve's parents' 53rd anniversary! That is alot of happy years together!


To celebrate we went to The Melting Pot for dinner.


This is the card they had on our table when we got there, which I thought was really sweet.


This week in Charlotte we are having something called "The Queen's Feast" (named after Queen Charlotte...that's who our city is named after). Anyway...you can get an appetizer, entree, and dessert for $30. Restaurants all over Charlotte are doing this and I think it's a pretty good deal.


Have you ever been to The Melting Pot?? Oh...my...word. It's a fondue restaurant and we ate ourselves silly.


This is Steve's sister, Debbie and her husband Bob.


First we started off with three different kinds of cheeses to dip bread, veggies, and apples in. Then we had our entree...steak, fish, chicken, ravioli, vegetables, etc. Plus we had about 6-7 different kinds of sauces to dip them in. And for dessert, we got three different kinds of chocolate to dip fruit, pound cake, cheesecake, and marshmallows in.


I practically waddled out of there! haha

We actually had a birthday party to go to today for my niece Bailey's 3rd birthday. She was born on Steve's parents' 50th anniversary which is kind of cool! And tonight we were supposed to be going out with some friends for dinner. But we got snow and ice last night, so it turns out we are just staying home and relaxing this weekend. That is FINE with me! I love going out, but I am tired after staying out late and staying so busy and trying to work, too. I must be getting old!

Last night I made some Spicy Chicken Vegetable Soup and we just rented a movie. I think I fell asleep about 10 minutes after it started. I'm not even kidding! When I woke up, 20/20 was on. They were doing a special about John Edwards. Goodness...I am just totally shocked and disappointed in him. His behavior is disgusting to me.

We were hoping we would get lots of pretty snow overnight, but when we woke up we only had about and inch and a half. It is pretty, though.


And the kids up the street are so cute. They are all out on their sleds and their parents have the fire pit out and they are all hanging out together.


Steve keeps looking out the window wishing he had a kid to sled with! He's a big kid himself. :) All my kids got alot more snow where they are. Laura got about a foot up in Boone and Mark and Lindy both got about 4 inches!

I'm not sure what the roads are like today, but my plan is to just stay home and relax all day. I went to the store and got plenty of food so we should be fine for a while! Did you get any snow where you live this weekend??

8 comments:

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

I LOVE the Melting Pot! Matt doesn't enjoy it much so the only time we really go is each year for my birthday. YUM.

Amy said...

Hello Betsy
I have been following your blog for some time now. We have so much in common that I finally have to post something
*I was an elementary teacher
*I went to ASU (met my husband there)
*My cousin goes to ECU now
*I feel a new calling to the young married couples at our church
*I live in Monroe

Everyday I find something new about you that is very similar to myself

So I had to post when you mentioned the Melting Pot - LOVE IT and now the weather - we have about the same as you have

And by the way - I can't get my kids to come inside

It is very nice to read your blog each day

Deidre said...

I love the Melting Pot, but haven't eaten there since we lived in Raleigh TWELVE years ago. That is sad.

We got about 9 inches in Hickory. It's so pretty

Cheryl said...

We have about 3 inches in Wingate, but it has sleeted all day. Took the dog out and we both froze.

You're right about John Edwards. I saw the voice video where he was talking to her about after Elizabeth was dead and having sex in Elizabeth's home. He's a "SCUMBAG" !

Stay warm!

Meagan said...

Well, hey busy lady! ;-) Sounds like a fun week and sounds like you needed a snowed in night or two to relax and recover! We got about 5 or 6 inches I'd say and then last night about a half inch of ice on top to pack it down and then some more snow today! That NEVER happens in Tennessee! lol. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Laura said...

Hi Betsy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love yours! And we LOVE the Melting Pot...one of our favorite places to eat and since we don't have one in our area, it's always a treat!

I read that you use to live in Louisiana. If you don't mind me asking, where? Just curious! Can you believe our Saints?

Let me know how the blueberry coffee cake turns out!:)

Julie said...

We just went to the Melting Pot at the end of the year with our friends. There were so many choices! It was like sensory overload. I loved the food!!

Mom Can I? said...

tell Steve i have 4 kids if he really wants an excuse to sled - i'm more than happy to rent them for the day!!! i am OVER putting stuff in the dryer!!!! Ugg!!! make it go away!!! the baby is beside himself because he can't go outside for a walk - a least that is the excuse I am using for his crankiness!!! way too cold for his little cheeks!!! kids are already begging for NO school on monday!!!! happy anniversary to the in-laws....ya know your father in-law video'd my wedding? ;D