Monday, January 25, 2010

Busy Weekend and John's Birthday

Well, let me see if I can catch up since last Thursday! That was the day it got so cold all of a sudden. That day on my way home from work I texted Steve (not while I was driving!) and said, "When are we booking our flight to Cancun?? I need some warm breezes and a fruity little umbrella drink asap!" That night we actually DID book our flight! So now we are going to Cancun at the end of February. Yay! I am so looking forward to that.


Friday night was really fun. We went to dinner with three other couples to a fun restaurant called Brio's. They have live music and really good food and we had a great time!

Saturday Mark called us and told us he had gotten his wallet stolen out of his car. I felt so bad for him! His license, money, bank card, gas card, school id, and Social Security card were all gone! :( Plus his bookbag was stolen with his textbooks and iPod in it! We spent alot of the morning helping him cancel cards and thinking about what he needed to do next. He was pretty discouraged over the weekend, but guess what? He found out that his school id and iPod were in a different bag than he thought and he found them! Then today, someone found his wallet and turned it in to his apartment and they called him and it was returned. Thank you God! His bank card and gas card were gone, but everything else was still there. I am so glad because that would have been such a hassle to replace all those things!

Yesterday was church and last night we went over to Steve's parents to watch the Saints play the Vikings. Steve and I both used to live in Louisiana and his brother is probably the BIGGEST Saints fan alive, so, of course, we were pulling for the Saints! But I do like Brett Favre and I felt bad for him last night!



Then, today was a teacher workday and I got so much done. I needed one of those! Tomorrow is John's birthday so we took him and Ashley out to dinner tonight. We went to one of his favorite restaurants, Mama Ricotta's, and it was so good. I got eggplant parmesan. We had alot of fun talking and just hanging out with the four of us.






Usually we go out with the whole big family, so it was nice tonight! :)

Tomorrow is already Tuesday! I love short weeks!

9 comments:

Faith said...

I LOVE Mama Ricotta's...oh so yummy! That's where I chose to go for my birthday this year too =)

Cancun...I'm just a little jealous. Ha!

petrii said...

I've never heard of Mama Ricotta's ~~ you NC girls have all the fun!! =)

You and Steve look so good together!! Cancun...can I come? heehee

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Megan L Hutchings said...

Yay for Cancun! My parents are going to Jamaica in about three weeks and they are counting down the days!

Mama Ricotta's looks like a delicous restaurant. The title has cheese so it must be good :).

Heather said...

I haven't heard of Mama Ricotta's either, sounds yummy! You are going to have so much fun when you go to Cancun, can I come? Are you going to be coming through Houston by chance? yes, I lived in Nashville to answer your question I never did! ;) Sorry friend!! When did you live there? Love the pics, so cute as always!

Girl with the Curlz said...

How wonderful you are going to Cancun. This time of the year it is always wonderful to have something to look forward to. I am just ready for spring up here in the frozen tundra. Glad you son's wallet was returned. That is such a hassle.

Ginger said...

Cancun sounds just wonderful right about now with all this cold weather we're having. That will be an awesome trip!

Lana said...

I am so jealous that you are going to Cancun in February! That will be SO nice!

Mom Can I? said...

Cancun!!! Yeah!!! sounds fabulous. I am dreading the weather for this weekend!!! And it's supposed to be 60 today! 60 is my kind of winter! I'm already suffering from the winter blues and want Spring and Summer NOW! And when I'm not pulling for the Steelers, I'm a Saints fan!!!!

sanjeet said...

looks like a delicous restaurant. The title has cheese so it must be good

Work from home India