Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Busy Weekend

It was another busy weekend here at our house. Friday night was Steve's dad's birthday. He is now 72 years young! We all celebrated by going out to dinner and then over to their house to play games. I didn't take any pictures, but we had a good time!

Saturday was all about getting all my college kids packed up and ready to head back to school.


We washed clothes and packed cars and hugged everyone goodbye. I was sad to see them go. We have had such a good Christmas and I will really miss them. I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing their car drive off. I always get a lump in my throat. But they were ready to get back. I will be praying for them everyday that they will have a good semester! I love all my sweeties.

Saturday afternoon Ashley and I took dinner to a friend of ours who just had her second little girl. The baby got here about three weeks early and she is just a tiny little thing. I brought her chicken and bacon with rice and Ashley did the green beans and blueberry crisp.


I had to drop dinner off quickly because Steve and I met two of our college friends, David and April, for dinner and a Charlotte Bobcats game last night. We have known David since high school. He and I sat were in lots of classes together. Then he was Steve's roommate in college, too. And he was also in our wedding. We just love them, but we don't get to see them much. David is a doctor with a very successful practice and a houseful of three teenagers and that keeps them very busy. We had so much fun catching up with them last night, though!


Okay...now on to some totally trivial things, but I just had to get your opinion on this. Yesterday I was standing in line at the grocery store and this magazine caught my eye.


I couldn't see any of the words on it, so I had no idea who it was. I stood there for the longest time thinking this girl looked familiar but I couldn't place who it was! What do you think of Kate Gosselin's hair??

Also, I haven't seen Julie and Julia yet.


Since I am home with no kids now (that is just so weird!) I was thinking I might have time to watch it this week sometime. But I have heard mixed reviews. If you saw it, what did you think??

19 comments:

Michele said...

I think I could get used to Kate's hair, but it does look a little like her old haircut shows through too much right now. I just watched Julie and Julia last night. I liked it pretty good. It didn't change my life! Ha! It was a little long at times, but it was cute overall.

Christa said...

I couldn't believe Kate's hair! She went from short to long instantly! I thought Julie and Julia was pretty good - a little long though! It's all about cooking and blogging!

Taylor said...

I'm not a fan of Kate's new hair. I believe she was so pretty when she had short hair!!

Kelley said...

I haven't seen Julie and Julia yet either. I did see the magazine cover with Kate's new hair. I don't really care for it.

Somethings Gotta Give said...

I really enjoyed Julie and Julia, and if you have a Red Box around you
(can find in front of WalMart, Walgreens, etc.) then it is only $1 to rent per night. Its defiantly a girl-movie, but a really good movie.

Lana said...

I'm not sure what to think about Kate's hair! She definately looks different! I've never watched Julie and Julia. Let us know what you think if you watch it!

Ginger said...

Love your new blog...looks great! You really did have a busy weekend, but sounds like a good one. I would have never recognized Kate on that cover. I loved her short hair! She doesn't even look the same. See ya tomorrow. :)

Mary Madeline said...

It's a great movie!! I've seen it twice. Not sure about Kate's hair!

Andrea said...

Hey Betsy! I've been reading your blog for awhile now but this is my first time to comment! You have a GORGEOUS family!!!! I have twin daughters too and I hope mine turn out as sweet as yours!! :). I bought that issue of people! I like her long hair better because I couldn't stand the short do! Ha! Julie and Julia was great! I really enjoyed it! :). I say RENT it!!!

Faye said...

Is it really Kate! Oh well.I havent seen the movie yet but I hear it is a good one! Hope you have a great evening! Blessings, Faye

The Monogrammed Mrs. said...

Didn't know about Kate's hair until I read your post. But why am I not surprised?! And about that lump in your throat...I'm pretty sure my parents had the same but I must tell you as the one who is leaving, I still tear up!

Jacquie said...

Not sure what to think of KG's hair... I liked the short cut, though.

I liked Julie and Julia. Thought it was cute. I think you will too.

My house felt a bit empty today, too.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Your new blog look is so beautiful! As always I enjoy every visit to your blog. It is fun reading about your family and the fun events. I have not seen the movie Julie and Julia although I have heard only good reviews. Let me know what you think.

I know that lump in you throat feeling when the kids leave. I get it too.

Kellie DeLange said...

I don't like Kate's hair now as the extensions are not the same color as her hair, and her hair is still too short. However, once her hair grows out, I think she could be cute with long hair.
Didn't see Julie & Julia. I thought it looked kind of boring, but I'm not sure.

Lisa said...

I hated seeing my girls leave yesterday too! I actually went to State with #2 to help her carry everything up to her room. I had a hard time leaving and coming home.

I like how Kate looks, but I cannot imagine having extensions. I'm curious to know if she will keep them or if it was just for the photo.

I liked the movie. The original blog is still on line and I liked reading it too. My husband LOVED the movie.... I cooked all week long after we saw it. He was a happy boy!

Heather said...

I haven't seen Julie and Julia yet either, I feel so out of the loop. I do not like Kate's hair, she needs to get it cut! Praying for your girls and for you as they are back at college, I can't imagine what it's like to just let your kids go.

Holly said...

I can't decide about Kate's hair... it looks fine, I think it makes her look less edgy, and more girl next door.

I saw Julie & Julia, it's cute. It's a one timer though. Not a chick flick I could watch over and over but it is pretty cute. Hope you like it!

Have a great week!

job said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,情色,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,性愛