Friday, December 11, 2009

On A Mission

I have been on a mission today. I decided to take the day off of work because I was about to panic about getting everything done. That was a great decision!

Last night I got together with all my sweet teacher friends in second grade and we had our little holiday party at an Indian restaurant called Cafe Nirvana. I love the ladies I teach with. They are definitely one of the best parts of my job! We had so much fun trying lots of new things and exchanging gifts together. And the best part was that I knew I didn't have to get up this morning! I HEART sleeping in...especially when I am so tired. This week has been extremely busy. So I was very glad I didn't have to work today.

Anyway...once I got up and had some coffee and made my "master list", I was ready to go! I think I was at the mall for about five hours today.



And I have to say, I think I did a pretty good job making a dent in the list! So yay for me!

When I got home, my Christmas cards had arrived. I thought about getting cute fancy ones this year, but goodness...those can be expensive! So I decided that with a wedding we just paid for and three kids in college, I should just go with the basic Wal-Mart brand! But I think they still turned out good. I am hoping to get those out in the next few days. I love getting Christmas cards. I always put as many of them as I can on my refrigerator each year. This is what my refrigerator looks like just from my cards from last year. I love being reminded of all my sweet friends every time I see them. (You might even see yours on there!)


Tomorrow is another day of shopping for me. This time I am taking Steve along so he can join in the fun! It is supposed to be reeeaaallly cold here, but unfortunately it isn't going to snow.

Mark got home today and my girls are coming home Monday and Tuesday. I am looking forward to having all my babies back home. We have several parties and get togethers next week, so we will be busy, but it's all part of the Christmas fun.

6 comments:

  1. Betsy, Glad you got lots done. Sometimes a full day and a good list is all you need. I have mountains to move this weekend too. I DO have my cards out but I have to finish shopping and have a get together at my home Tuesday night! I know you can't wait for all the birdies to be home in the nest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,
    I Love getting my shopping under my belt. It is so great to be able to sit back and enjoy the last couple weeks of the CHRISTmas season!!

    I love the idea of putting all your cards on your refrigerator. That is a GREAT idea!!

    Have a fun and Blessed Saturday,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hit the stores pretty hard yesterday, too. I LOVE this time of year!

    I hear ya about just having a wedding under our belts. I'm still reeling from all of that so it hasn't seemed as much like Christmas to me this year.

    Kale and Kayla will be here in a week or so and I'll have them home for about a week (hopefully) before they move. Boo Hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea to take off and get some stuff done...I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spotted Evan and Ella Grace! I'm with you...I LOVE giving and GETTING Christmas cards. It is one of the things I love most about this season! I know you are going to love Christmas break...being out of school and all your kids home. FUN TIMES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got so much done! Its always a nice feeling. I am so far behind I don't even know if I'll get christmas cards out sad cause I always do them!
    LOOK at your fridge holy! that is awesome! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)