Monday, December 28, 2009

Nothing To Do

It has been totally wonderful not having anything to do for the past few days. I just can't get over how much fun it is to have absolutely nothing on my agenda! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that! :)

For Christmas, one of the things I got was a new book called The Help.


It has been so long since I have had time to read a book, so I couldn't wait to have the luxury of uninterrupted time. I started it last night and I already love it. I have had so many people tell me how good it was so I am going to go ahead and recommend it to you. If you are looking for a good holiday read, you may want to pick it up.

The Sound of Music came on last night, too. It was bliss. I was just lying on the couch with a blanket and some hot chocolate and a fire going. And in between reading my new book I was watching the movie. That is my idea of a fun night! haha

I am so excited because Ashley FINALLY got her wedding pictures back. Goodness...there were over 500 of them! I wish I could share the whole album with you, but that would probably be torture. Instead, I thought I would share just a few of them with you.




















They turned out so great. I know she is going to cherish them all her life!

15 comments:

Ashley Pizarro said...

Don't you love holiday break from being a teacher?!? I love having nothing to do as well. Ashley's pictures are beautiful. I am so glad everything turned out perfect for her and John!

Becky said...

I was hoping we would get to see the entire 500. There is nothing better than getting to look at beautiful weddings.

Betsy, Ashley looks just like you in the full length picture of her and her beautiful bouquet! Gosh, it just gives me chills!

I'm glad you've got a little down time now to sink your teeth into a good book, just make sure you have a nice cup of hot tea close by.

Marci @ All Things Wonderful said...

The wedding photos are beautiful!
Just beautiful...

Heather said...

Betsy, I love all the wedding pictures!! Gorgeous!!! My fav is where her soon to be hubby is smiling at her walking down the aisle!! Love it!
Isn't it just wonderful having nothing to do?! Today is my only day though!! :)

Faith said...

Oh my, LOVE the pics!! So gorgeous. Send some over if you want them in your header =)

Rebecca Jo said...

I've heard such wonderful things about that book!!! You'll have to do a review!

EVERY single one of those wedding pictures are incredible... I really adore the one where her husband's jacket is over her & their sitting on a bench.. so sweet

Such a beautiful bride!

Michele said...

The pictures are SOOO beautiful! I'm with you on the break from school. I just went back to teaching this year, so I had forgotten how much I always cherished this time off. Our school system almost voted to shorten Christmas break for next year. I am so glad that didn't go through. I desperately need this time mid-year.

Carrie B said...

Oh my gosh, the pictures are beautiful. Her bouquet was georgous. Love those colors.

Sometimes I think if I had a job I would appreciate the "nothing to do days" more. Hmmmm

Lana said...

Ashley looks absolutely gosgeous in her wedding pictures! I loved seeing them! I just got my wedding photos back, too!

dee said...

Gorgeous pics-are you sure we can't see all 500? :)

Becky said...

Hey Betsy....I'm with Dee, we want to see more!!! PLZ!!! Geez, I hate begging!!! lol

Kelley said...

love, love, love the pics. I especially like the one where John is sitting on the steps and Ashley is leaning against the railing. SO SWEET!

Nancy said...

The pictures are beautiful!

And The Help is great book - can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Lisa said...

I love seeing the wedding pictures. You looked beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

Love Being a Nonny said...

You can never post TOO MANY wedding pics! Her pictures are great! I love so many of them and her flowers are so pretty! Gorgeous wedding!