Saturday, December 12, 2009

Making A List And Checking It Twice

This weekend has been really fun and I have gotten so much done! I feel like I have had so many lists going at once just so I wouldn't forget anything or let anything slip through the cracks. But those lists are dwindling now which I am very happy about.

Christmas shopping is about 90% finished...check!

Christmas cards are addressed and ready to send out...check!

Christmas decorating is finished...check!

Today Steve went with me to the mall and we had a great time. When the kids were little, we shopped together every year. But since they have gotten older, most of the time I do the shopping by myself and he does a few things right at the very end...usually like Christmas Eve. I just can't shop that late or I will have a panic attack. But today I showed him everything I got yesterday and we looked online for coupons for the things we still needed today, and then we set out.

When we got there, we stopped by Starbucks and got some hot chocolate in that cute red cup and we shared that together.


Then we walked around the mall at a leisurly pace and stopped to notice store windows and the beautiful and gigantic Christmas tree and he helped me pick out some cute things. He is good about saving money and getting deals!

And then to make it even more fun, he got me the 2009 snowflake ornament from Swarovski! He has gotten me one for the past four years. Each year the snowflakes are different and unique and I just love them. This is the one from this year...


Tonight I came home and got all my Christmas cards addressed and ready to send out. Mark helped me stuff them so it didn't take too long.

And I have to share one last thing with you....these!


Have you tried them? Apparently they only come out at Christmas time. But if you love chocolate covered cherries (like I do!) then you would love these. When I was little I always got a box of chocolate covered cherries at Christmas. Mmmmm!! And I bought some of these the other day and put them in a candy bowl. And since then I have eaten one about every other time that I pass by that bowl! So good.

Hope you are having a great weekend...lots of friends and parties and baking and decorating....all that fun stuff!

5 comments:

  1. My list seems like it's forever long! Any advice from a Mom who has been there done that on how to do it without going crazy! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, will you come help me get my Christmas shopping done? I am so far behind, I have been trying to finish getting the house decorated and keep forgetting to go shopping!! Now you can enjoy the rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, will you come help me get my Christmas shopping done? I am so far behind, I have been trying to finish getting the house decorated and keep forgetting to go shopping!! Now you can enjoy the rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crystal snowflake idea! That is beautiful. What a great collection!

    Hubby and I did shopping together yesterday too. my plan is to be finished with everything Christmas before I go to bed tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet comment on my card!

    I am COMPLETELY addicted to Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate so I thought this would an appropriate post to comment on! :-)

    Love your blog and I'm so glad you stopped by! I'm originally from a town just south of Charlotte, so I know your area well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)