Friday, December 4, 2009

It's The Happiest Season Of All!

Well, I was hoping it was going to snow here a little bit today, but it just turned into a cold rain. I'm still hoping we get some snow here this year, though!

This morning we picked Ashley up and took her out to breakfast. I never eat a big breakfast anymore, so it's good every once in a while! Then I was off to get my hair cut and colored (and not a minute too soon.) haha

When I got home, I did some more decorating. I got my wreaths up on the house


...and I set out a few little things like pillows, etc. Did I ever show you where I ended up putting Ashley's wedding portrait? We had the perfect spot for it right over our couch in the living room!


Tonight was our Sunday School Class Christmas Party so I made a few things to take. I made Green Bean Bundles and something called "That Now Famous Cheese Ring". The recipe is so simple and easy...

That Now Famous Cheese Ring

2 lbs. grated cheddar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 green onions, chopped
2-3 dashes Tobasco sauce
3/4 c. mayonnaise

Mix all this together and form into a ring. Flip onto a nice plate and fill the middle of the ring with strawberry preserves. Serve with crackers.


We had our Christmas Party at the home of an older couple in our church who have been friends of ours for years. They have the most gorgeous home and the feel like they have been so blessed that they open their home to anyone who wants to use it for various events and occasions. It is so pretty, I just love it! Here is part of her cute kitchen that is decorated all in gingerbread houses and candy canes...




And here are the tables she had set for us. Each one had a different theme.






Our party was really fun. We co-teach the young couples class with my parents and they are such a sweet group. We always have a good time when we get together. The Alabama vs. Florida game was on, so the guys were very glued to that for a while. We are starting to have lots of new babies in the class, too, so we got to pass babies around and love on them. :)


Plus the food was amazing!!


Tomorrow is our Christmas music at church. I heard it is supposed to be really good, so I am excited!

And, finally, wanna see something that will just make your day??? Seriously...take just about 30 seconds and watch this!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Happy holiday season to you and your wonderful family! Love seeing all of the christmasy pictures!

Melissa said...

Your house is so gorgeous!

Heather said...

Girl, you home is gorgeous!!! What a fun Christmas party that was, well, I bet anyways! ha!!

Jacquie said...

Your Sunday School party was beautiful.

It is the happiest season of all...and that video moved me SO much. It makes me want to be there someday when they deliver boxes!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Thank you for sharing that wonderful video...it was the perfect way to start my Monday!