Sunday, December 20, 2009

In The Air There's A Feeling Of Christmas...

Well, Friday was my last day of school. I don't know who was more excited...the kids or me! Let the Christmas fun begin!!!

(By the way, we never got the snow I was hoping for, but we might have another chance at it on Christmas Eve!)

My class was so sweet to me and I got so many nice things. I have such generous parents and I am very thankful for all they do for me. I realize there are many teachers out there who work just as hard (or harder!) than I do and they don't get the "thank-yous" and the recognition they deserve at this time of year. So, I definitely realize how blessed I am.

One little boy in my class gave me this poinsettia and a teacher friend of mine gave me this cute Santa napkin holder.


We have been busy having lots of family fun together this weekend. Friday night we just stayed at home and I made one of my kids' favorite casseroles. I don't think I've ever shared this recipe with you, and I think you would LOVE it! It is a great recipe to fix when you have company over during the holidays.

Chicken Tortellini Casserole

1 8 oz. container tortellini
1 8 oz. pkg. Monterrey Jack cheese
4 chicken breasts
3/4 c. chopped onion
2 chicken bouillon cubes
8 oz. chicken broth
2 T. sugar
1 pkg. fresh, sliced mushrooms
1/2 c. sour cream

Cook tortellini and drain. Roll chicken in flour and lightly bwon in skillet on stove, then chop. Cook onion (in butter) and add bouillon, chicken broth, sugar, and mushrooms. Bring to slow boil and cook 5 minutes.

In large bowl, combine tortellini, chicken, mushroom mixture, cheese, and sour cream. Toss gently.

Place in lightly greased baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 275 for 1 hour.


Are you done with your Christmas shopping? Steve and I spent most of the day yesterday at the mall. We got alot done. Now I need to get everything out and look at it again and then fill in with anything I forgot.

Church was really good this morning, then we all went out for Mexican. That is a family routine for us when everyone is home! And this afternoon I got to fall asleep watching a Christmas movie. That felt so good! I also decided to make a few Christmas goodies. I made some snickerdoodle cookies...


and this recipe for saltine cracker toffee. Mmmm!!

Tonight I am watching the Panthers play the Vikings. Ashley is at the game and just sent me a text with a picture of where she was sitting. Only four rows back! The Panthers are doing so bad this year. But at least she can see Brett Favre play!

Usually on Sunday nights, I have the "Sunday Night Blues"....dreading getting up for school the next day. But not tonight! Yay! I HEART sleeping in!!

We have several get togethers this week, so it is going to be fun. I have alot to do still. I hope I can get it all done!

PS...I have to edit this and say GO PANTHERS! Woo Hoo! I spoke too soon earlier. Yay!! :)

8 comments:

petrii said...

Betsy,
That recipe sounds so yummee!! My hubby really likes tortellini, so I may have to give this one a try.

Sounds like you have a wonderfully fun week planned, with all your kiddos around too.

Merry CHRISTmas Betsy,
Dawn

Heather said...

It seems like everyone is super busy! Glad you have a few weeks off, enjoy your time and maybe you will get that snow!! I am going to try that recipe when we get back to TX, sounds yummy!! Also, I think I am going to send you a UK shirt for Christmas!!! :)

Jacquie said...

It's the most wonderful time of the year... isn't it??

I think there's a good possibility for snow here on Wednesday and Thursday. Just as long as I get Kale and Kayla here first, I won't mind!!

Have a fun week.

Lana said...

That recipe sounds delicious! I know what you mean, about being excited school is out...I think I was more excited on Friday than my students were! Haha!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that your students are sweet enough to shower you with goodies. My husband has the lowest kids and well...you know the rest.

I hope that one day I am half the cook you are with so many awesome recipes!

Snickerdoodle Champagne said...

Ohh, I wish I was off all this week, that sounds so great! And I love watching Christmas movies... any of the ones I don't have time for I DVR so I can watch them later, even when Christmas is over!

Shannon said...

I haven't had snickerdoodles in so long! Sounds yummy! :) Merry Christmas!

Jennifer said...

The day before Christmas break started was one of favorite days when I taught. The kids were so excited and I was excited knowing I got a 2 week break!:)

That recipe looks so yummy! I will have to make that for dinner soon!

I hope you have a wonderful week with your family!