Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Best

One of the things I think everyone loves most about Christmas is that you get to pull out all those favorite things that you have loved so much year after year and enjoy them again....like music and recipes and books and movies and decorations. And since you only have these things around for a little while and then you put them away again, you never get tired of them!

My friend Heather had a fun post today about her Christmas favorites and I have been thinking about the same things. So I decided to make my list of the best things about Christmas, too.

Christmas Music

I have a few favorite CD's that I always play:

1-The Carpenters...I never get tired of their beautiful harmony and I really like all the arrangements on this cd!


2-Amy Grant...I've just always been a fan of hers and what I love about this cd is that it is a combination of traditional Christmas songs and some spiritual songs, too!


3-Charlie Brown Christmas....This is just a classic, right??



And I love the oldies like Andy Williams and Perry Como, too.

Christmas Movies

1-I think it's a tie between my two favorite Christmas movies. I can't decide between It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story! It's A Wonderful Life wins for old-fashioned feel good movie and A Christmas Story wins for sentimental and funny.





2-Charlie Brown Christmas

This is my favorite part...



3-The Preacher's Wife-I know this one isn't very well known, but it is a sweet story.


4-Christmas Vacation

5-Elf

Favorite Christmas Traditions

1-The best things are just the simplest things like driving around in pajamas looking at the Christmas lights.


2-Getting together with our neighbors for Chili and Cheer.


3-Hearing the Children's Choirs sing at church.


4-Going out to dinner with Steve and then shopping for the kids.


All of these things are on my "Best" list and they are all what help make Christmas so special to me. What's on your list??

6 comments:

  1. We have a lot of the same favorites!!! Charlie Brown Christmas is at the top of my list...I have watched it every year for as long as I can remember! I also love Amy Grant...I just bought a Christmas CD by her a few weeks back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this!! so many fun christmas movies and songs love a lot of the same!! some I forgot about too. I love Christmas!! Have an awesome weekend. ttys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget about The Preacher's Wife but it is such a GREAT movie :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch "While You Were Sleeping" EVERY Christmas. LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie! Another good one with Sandra Bullock.

    I'm loving the Christmas music on the radio as well. (Thank you KLOVE for starting your Christmas music!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love A Christmas Story!!! We watch it every year! I every got a bebe gun one year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband's favorite is The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. (The Grinch is even in the pictures on my Christmas Card this year). I love a lot of these same things...though I have never seen The Preacher's Wife.

    LOVE your Christmas blog look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)