Monday, November 23, 2009

A Sweet Start

Whew! It was a long day today at school. I usually leave my house at 6:30 and tonight we had an event at school, so I didn't get home until around 8:30! That is a 14 hour day! I'm exhausted.

But...I wanted to share a few recipes with you since you asked. I will try to share more later. :)

Here are two of the dips I make for appetizers at Thanksgiving. We always start the fun with these and my family loves them. Plus they are really easy.

Pepper Jelly Spread

(You can't get any easier than this one!)


Take a block of cream cheese and pour green pepper jelly over it. Serve with Wheat Thins and other fancy crackers.

Haha...that is it!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heath Bar Dip


8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
mini Heath bars, crushed (about 10)

Pour granulated sugar over softened cream cheese andn let sit for about 30 minutes. Add the brown sugar and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Stir in Heath bar pieces. Serve with sliced apples.


I know I love getting new recipes and ideas...especially easy ones. Hopefully these will help you out if you're looking for something good for Thanksgiving appetizers. I also have a really good dip recipe that I just tried about two weeks ago and I will share it with you before Thanksgiving!

Hope you are having a great week!

7 comments:

Christa said...

I love pepper jelly spread with cream cheese...SO good!

Marci @ All Things Wonderful said...

These sound great! Thanks for the recipes.

Meredith said...

I love new recipes! I can't remember if I have said this before, but the wedding was just beautiful! I'll have to try the recipes soon! :)

Heather said...

Thanks for the great recipe Betsy!! Sounds yummy and so easy! Sorry for such the long day, hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Deidre said...

Thank you! I need new recipes. And, I love heath bars!!

Becky said...

YUMMO!!! They both sound delish!!! Thanks Betsy!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Melissa said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing!