Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rehearsal Dinner And Wedding Preview

Hi Everyone! Well...John and Ashley are officially Mr. and Mrs. John Scott!


The wedding was beautiful and they had a great time celebrating with their family and friends.



They are now honeymooning in St. Thomas and I'm sure they are having so much fun together. Unfortunately, I do not have many pictures of the wedding because I was so busy visiting with everyone that I didn't take any pictures. These are the only two pictures I could find, so I will try to get some from other people who had their cameras and maybe post some more tomorrow!

But I can tell you about the rehearsal dinner that we had Friday night! I think it always puts everyone's mind at ease to walk through the ceremony and get familiar with where you are going to stand and how fast to walk down the aisle, etc.






I got some good pictures in between practicing!

I love this one. It's all my children, plus John. Now I can officially consider him my son, too! :)


Lindy and me...


Laura and Lindy...


Laura and Lindy with their Granny...


Steve and me...


Ashley and John looked so cute together.


After the rehearsal, we headed over to the Ballantyne Resort for dinner. John's parents had worked so hard on making sure it was a nice night for everyone. We had a choice between a filet or chicken or salmon. I chose the filet and it was so tender you could cut it with a fork! All the other food was delicious too.

John's dad spoke and Steve spoke. I was so proud of him. He didn't get choked up or anything and he said so many funny and sweet things about Ashley and John. Our prayer for them is that they will always keep God first in their marriage. John also spoke and about how thankful he was for his parents and grandparents and all they had done for him. It was so nice. A few other friends and family shared their memories or stories about John and Ashley and they all helped make the night really special.


Afterwards, Ashley came home with us and finished packing while she watched Father Of The Bride with Laura and Lindy. Steve and I tried to get to bed and get some sleep so we would be ready for the BIG DAY!

I can't wait to tell you all about it, but I will have to find a few pictures first! :)

11 comments:

  1. Ashley was a beautiful bride! I love your purple dress too, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley is beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics. What a wonderful time for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like everything went well. Ashley looks gorgeous! How did YOU and STEVE do?? Can't wait to see and hear more.

    I just got done watching your brother Blake's family on WSP. What a loving family!! I don't blame the girl for not wanting to leave. I finished the episode in tears. And Angie is one tough cookie! Ha!

    I'm thinking Blake and Angie could have their own show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley was a beautiful bride. She and her husband make such a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a wonderful celebration! As a parent, there's no greater blessing than to see your child marry a Christian and establish a Christian home. Everyone looked spectacular~~especially the bride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,
    How beautiful!!! What a beautiful bride and couple, you must be so happy.

    Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing about the day.

    Have a Blessed Monday,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear more about it! Ashley looked beautiful, I love her dress. What fun times and all these pictures are great!! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics!! I'm so glad to hear everything went wonderfully. Ashley is a gorgeous bride and I must say you look absolutely beautiful in that purple dress at the rehearsal! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley looks beautiful. I think she looks so much like YOU!! These pictures are so good! We used the wedding pictures (3 weddings...3 years in a row) for our Christmas cards. It was so nice to have a picture of everyone together all dressed up. Can't wait to see and hear about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks beautiful! I'm sure you all had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashley looks beautiful! Cant wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)