Sunday, November 8, 2009

Not What I Expected!

When I was thinking about what I would be doing the week before Ashley's wedding, I was thinking I was going to be crazy with stress and a "to-do" list a mile long.


But that has not been the case at all!! In fact, Ashley and I were thinking this morning that we must be forgetting something major because we aren't stressed at all! Is this normal?? haha I am actually looking forward to the fun this week!

Friday night was so great. We got to go to dinner at PF Changs with two sweet couples. We had the best time of sitting and talking and unwinding from the day. I am just always in the best mood on Friday nights even though I am usually so tired. When we got our fortune cookies at the end of the night, mine said, "A quiet evening with friends is the best tonic for a long day..." That was the perfect way to describe it.


I am actually considering this week the kickoff to the wonderful holiday season that is coming up quickly! We are going to have so many fun parties and events and family times coming up in the next month or so. In fact, when we walked out of the restaurant Friday night, the night air was really cold and my friend said, "Oooo...it smells like Christmas out here!" We both laughed because I totally knew what she meant! As soon as the wedding is over, I am going to start getting my Thanksgiving menu together


and then the day after Thanksgiving I always put up my Christmas tree.


Yesterday Ashley and I left early for the mall and stayed there almost all day. Here is Ashley right before we left. I had to take this picture because it was so cute of Rocky. He is the biggest cuddler. Anytime anyone sits down on the couch, he jumps right up there and gets cozy.


We got our last minute shopping done and I got my jewelry and a dress for the rehearsal dinner. We are set!

Today after church Ashley wanted to go to La Unica for one last lunch on Dad! haha So we met Steve's mom and dad there.

This afternoon my parents came over and brought Ashley and John a TiVo! She was so excited! Everyone needs a TiVo, right?? Once you have one you can't imagine living without it. I know they are going to love having that.

I only have two days of school this week. Yay! I will keep you posted on all the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Betsy, I am just so excited for you guys! I am seriously so anxious to hear how everything goes! I know it will be great and I will be praying that the week continues to be stress-free!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the update! So far, we feel relaxed, but I'm not sure I'll still be saying that the week before the wedding. Our wedding is on a very small scale, so I hope to not get too frazzled!

    Enjoy the moments...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are able to enjoy this time. I cannot WAIT to see and hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very relaxed and calm the week before my wedding...and even on the day of! Hoping your week is that way and Ashley's wedding goes well--sure it will be beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not the least bit surprised that you are as cool as a cucumber...you are a planner and you have amazing faith!

    So excited to read and see all about the week's festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you this week! So glad your not stressed or anything she looks relaxed and happy too!! Good luck with everything can't wait to see pics! So excited to decorate for christmas too!! ttys

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray that the wedding goes well. I felt exactly like you when my daughter married this summer, too much calmness before a wedding. Take time to stop and enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betsy - I am so excited for you guys and hope you have so much fun this weekend. I know Ashley will make a BEAUTIFUL bride. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great update! Can't wait to see your future posts with pics ~ Ashley's going to be a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)