Monday, November 16, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. John Scott

We have had such a wonderful weekend. I am really still trying to process it all and remember all the details of the wedding that we planned for so long. I took the day off today and I am glad I did. Steve and I both have a cold so I got to rest a little bit today and get some things done. We took back all the linens and candles today and you should see the stack of presents John and Ashley have to open when they get back. Our dining room table is stacked!

We have gotten to spend lots of time with family, too. Yesterday we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel with my family. Then we went to a cookout at Steve's parents' house with all of his aunts and uncles and cousins. Then tonight we went out to dinner again with my parents. So that has been fun. We have been able to talk about the wedding and remember everything with them.

I am still trying to round up pictures, but I wanted to show you Ashley's bridal portrait so I just took a picture of it with my camera. :) I thought she looked so pretty!


We were so blessed that my dad and my brother, Blake were able to perform the service. My dad preached my wedding, too, right after he walked me down the aisle! (He did double duty that night!)


What I loved about my dad's sermon was that it was so personal. He wrote it specifically for John and Ashley with certain things he wanted them to know and to remember. After the service, he gave me a copy of his sermon so I could keep it. I wanted to share a little bit of what he said at the end. If you click on it, you will be able to read the last thing he said to them. It was so sweet.


These other pictures are some I borrowed from other people. Some of them are a little blurry, but you can at least get the idea! I will be getting the professional pictures soon and I can't wait to share those with you!







We finally figured out how to do YouTube so we downloaded John and Ashley's first dance! It's a little grainy, but it's the best we could do. :) (If it stops a lot, just pause it and let it download and then you can play it without so many stops and starts.)



These are a few pictures my sister in law Angie took. (By the way...did you get to see Blake and Angie on World's Strictest Parents?? They did such a good job with those kids!)



Here are John and Ashley as they were leaving. They were so happy and excited!


Saying goodbye!



I will share more pictures as I get them. Ya'll will probably be sick of wedding pictures before it's all over! haha

16 comments:

  1. They look SO happy. The words your Dad shared with them are so, so sweet. Having Blake and your Dad do the ceremony must've made it even more special to John and Ashley.

    You already know I watched the show... actually I turned it on so Dave could watch it... so it's my second time. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, never get sick of wedding pics ~~ bring 'em on!!!!!

    They look sooooooo happy!!

    Looking forward to seeing more.

    Have a Blessed evening,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!!! We will NOT get tired of looking at the pictures and hearing about the wedding. They look so happy and so in love. Loved the you tube video. Can't wait to see more!!!

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashely looks so beautiful and happy!!! Love all the dresses - your dress for the rehersal dinner was awesome!! Can't wait to see more!!! And yes, the whole family watched the show. Mom and dad too! I thought it was great!! Did I tell you that Hubby was at South the Blake and Angie? small world keeps getting smaller....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how special the ceremony was for them - without a doubt one of the most special days of their lives! We won't get tired of seeing pics...keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love seeing all of the pictures. They looked so happy while they danced! I think you guys pulled off the perfect wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every single detail was so beautiful! I loved the color of your dress and the colors she picked out!

    God definitely showered blessings on your family that day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely wedding! I love the personal touch of your Dad's words at the end! He is so right!

    What a wonderful, blessed family time!

    We do want to see more pictures when you catch your breath!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just can't stop smiling, ha!! I love wedding pictures and Ashley is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean that, these are great pictures, and I love the video, it was perfect. Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful wedding and such a special service having your Dad and brother perform the ceremony. They look like such a beautiful and happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok

    #1. you are the cutest mom EVER!

    #2. both dresses from each night are SO AMAZING and I want them!

    #3 Ashley and the girls are all beautiful. Ashley was such a glowing bride!

    i just love your family and i can't wait to have my own 4 kids!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashley is such a beautiful bride!! She looked absolutely gorgeous!! I sure won't get sick of wedding pictures...I love looking at them!! I didn't see that episode of World's Strictest Parentes yet, but I want to! I like that show!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving the wedding pictures! I've said it before and I'll say it again....I love your family! What a sweet and fun wedding! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look so happy! I am glad everything went well! Love all the pics! What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look so happy! I am glad everything went well! Love all the pics! What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ashley looks stunning...and so does her mom!!! I want to see all of the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)