Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a wonderful day with family and friends! We had a full house here today. I loved having everyone over. I told Steve that the best thing about Thanksgiving is that it is like Christmas with all the family and fun, but minus the pressure of all the gifts. I love giving gifts, but it can be stressful trying to make sure you get everyone something they like, etc.

We pretty much ate like pigs today. Our menu looked like this:

*turkey with two kinds of dressing
*honey baked ham
*sweet potato casserole
*corn casserole
*broccoli casserole
*green bean bundles
*cranberry congealed salad
*copper penny carrots
*apple raising salad
*pink lady salad
*rolls
*asparagus casserole
*deviled eggs
*Andes mint cookies
*pecan pie
*chocolate pecan pie
*chocolate chip cookies

Can you BELIEVE??? Goodness, we are so spoiled.

Here are a few pictures from our day today...


















I am so blessed! (I posted about what I'm thankful for yesterday...) I hope you had a wonderful day, too! :)

5 comments:

petrii said...

Wow Betsy, now that was a feast!! I hope you had help in the kitchen =)

These pics are just beautiful!!! You have a wonderful family.

Blessings to you and yours,
Dawn

Duchess said...

I love the picture of the three girls! Happy belated Thanksgiving!!

Lisa said...

Your menu sounds wonderful. We had a lot of the same. I have that exact same tablecloth too!. You have the most beautiful family and I know you are proud of them and had a great time with everyone together. I have been so busy with everything going on with my family, I am really craving some "normal" time. I hope to catch up on my blog soon!!

Heather said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving Betsy!! That menu looks wonderful and so yummy! I think that is the same Give Thanks sign on your table I have, I love the way you used it!! And that picture of you 3 girls is soooooo good!!!

Meagan said...

That post just makes me smile! So much to be thankful for!! I want you to know how thankful I am to "know" you!!! :-) I love all your pics... especialy the collage and the one of Ashley sandwhiched between the twins! CUTE!