Sunday, November 29, 2009

Good Stuff

Well, swine flu is continuing to make its way through our house. Mark has it now! He has been running a fever all day and is achy, etc. He didn't go back to school today. I want him to go to the doctor tomorrow.

We only went to Sunday School this morning since my kids were all trying to get ready to leave. This afternoon was lazy. We watched the Panthers play. (It wasn't pretty.) And I did a little shopping.

I was thinking that I should share a few things with you that I have been loving lately!

First of all, I went to Bath and Bodyworks today to get some new candles. Somehow Pumpkin Spice doesn't fit anymore once Thanksgiving is over! I found one called "Winter".

Oh my goodness...it smells soooo good! They had them on sale, so I got two!

And while I was there I picked up some more Wallflowers. This time I got "Fresh Balsam". It smells just like a freshly cut Christmas tree.


I have them going right now and the house smells great!

I also got a new recipe over Thanksgiving that I wanted to share. My mom gave it to me and I think I have eaten about 25 of these over the past few days. haha They are called Pecan Pie Mini Muffins and they taste exactly like little pecan pies!


This is a great recipe to keep on hand during the holidays. My mom brought them to Sunday School this morning for snacks.

Here is the recipe:

Pecan Pie Mini Muffins

Ingredients:
Baker's Joy cooking spray
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. chopped pecans
2/3 c. butter (no substitutes)
2 eggs

Coat a mini-muffin pan with Baker's Joy. In a bowl combine brown sugar, flour and pecans. Set aside. Melt butter & combine with eggs. Mix well. Stir into flour mixture until the batter is just moistened. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and tests done with a toothpick.

Remove from oven and turn out onto a cooling rack.

Makes 2 to 2 1/2 dozen depending on how thick you want the muffins.


And I forgot to mention yesterday that my new blog design was done by my sweet friend, Faith. She does such amazing work and is so talented. I love the new Christmas-y look she gave me! If you are ever thinking about re-doing your blog, you should definitely consider her. She is the BEST!

Well, as much as I was dreading it....Monday is almost here. We are watching the Amazing Race tonight, and then it is off to bed! 5:30 comes soooo early!

6 comments:

Michele said...

I'm so sorry you all are dealing with yucky sickness. We went through that about a month ago. The recipe looks yummy ~ thanks for sharing!

P.S. Love the new design!

Jacquie said...

Yep, now that the wedding is over... it's time to transition to Christmas. Kale usually puts up the tree over Thanksgiving, but I guess it's up to me this year.

Dave would love those pecan muffins!

Hope the Maddox family is well soon!!

(LOVE the new blog design!)

Heather said...

Praying for all of you Betsy and hoping everyone gets well real quick!! That recipe sounds delightful and so easy! Also, we got some great candles at B&BW too! I got cinnamon and clove, it smells so good!

Whitney said...

I'm sorry about the flu! Yuck! I'm going to have to try a candle... I have about coupons for B&B Works I need to use!

Faith said...

I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon =)

Thanks for letting me work on the new design for you. I really like it and I'm so glad you do too!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

What temp do you bake these at? Maybe I'm missing it?