Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally Friday!

Thank goodness it's Friday. For some reason, this has been a loooonnngg week! Steve has been out of town for the past three days so I have just been hanging out here by myself. This is completely out of the ordinary for me! In fact, I can't remember when I've had the house to myself for this long in the past 22 years! haha

Ashley and John got back from their honeymoon today so Ashley and I sat and looked at all her pictures this afternoon and she caught me up on everything. They had a great time and are already planning on a trip back.

Here are a few of their pictures that I stole off of her memory stick. :)











Then tonight we sat and opened all the gifts that have been waiting for them. They were hoping to wait to open them with Steve here and maybe some grandparents, but they had a few things they still needed in order to even cook basic things...so they decided to go ahead and see what they had gotten/still needed. They opened everything and then made a quick run to Bed Bath and Beyond to fill in with a few neccessities. They were so blessed and everyone was very generous. What a lucky couple!

I am so glad the weekend is here. I ordered a pizza just for myself tonight. It came to the door in this little tiny box. haha And I am thinking some pajamas and a movie sound great right about now! I am looking forward to hanging out with Steve tomorrow and helping John and Ashley do whatever they need us to!

Have a great weekend! :)

9 comments:

petrii said...

Betsy,
Those pics of John and Ashley are so cute. I love the one where she's in the sunglasses ~~ they look soooooooo happy!!!

Have a Wonderful weekend,
Dawn

Heather said...

Looks like they had a great time on their honeymoon!! I loved opening all the gifts after the wedding to see what we got! :) Girl, i wouldn't know what to do with a house all to myself!! ha! hope you enjoyed it!

Lana said...

It looks like they have a great time on their honeymoon!! They both look so happy! So sweet!

Deidre said...

They really do look happy. I bet you don't know what to do with an empty house - ENJOY!

Mom Can I? said...

Glad they are home safe and sound!!! Enjoy thanksgiving if I don't see you before!!! Tell all teh family we said hello

Ashley Faith said...

Hey! I just started following your blog & I love it. I'm from NC too (Huntersville)!

Meagan said...

Hey beautiful! I am so glad that Ashley had a safe and happy honeymoon! And you got to see all the pictures already! HOW FUN! Sounds like you had a nice night with pizza, a movie, and your PJs! Sometimes those are the most comforting and relaxing nights, even when you are all by yourself! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend! Love you girl!

Jacquie said...

They are adorable and look so happy! Glad they made it home safely... to a house full of fun gifts.

I LOVE quiet times in my PJs and a good chick flick!

Megan L Hutchings said...

It looks like they had a wonderful time together :)! All of their hard work definitely paid off!

I was thinking that Ashley should start a blog. If she is anything like you, I know we will all just LOVE her :)!!!