Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Countdown Is On!

Well, the rain and wind is still going non-stop. I'm thinking about building an ark right about now. I think it has rained about 4-5 inches over the past two days!

Steve and I went to our friend's funeral this morning. What a testimony to God's love and mercy that was. I think we could have pretty much had an altar call at the end of it because it was so God glorifying. That's the kind of funeral where you are greiving, but at the same time you are filled with hope.

It was a long funeral and we went straight to the airport afterwards to pick up Steve's sister who flew in from Phoenix. His other sister got in about that same time, so we all met at Chili's for lunch. It was nice getting to see everyone and visit together.

This afternoon I took a little nap. Aren't naps the best on rainy days?? When I got up, I made some dinner for Laura and Lindy because they were getting in around that time. I was so glad they made it home safely. I was worried about them driving through the rain and wind!

After dinner we all went over to Steve's parents' house for a little while.

Steve and his girls...




Then we came home and turned on the CMA Awards and helped Ashley get some gift bags together.


I am so glad all my girls are home.


I can't wait to see Mark on Friday! The countdown is on! :)

12 comments:

  1. I pray all the rain is gone by the weekend. This is such an exciting time with all of the family coming in. Try to get a good pic of the six of you together for a Christmas Card! We did that for three straight years. Now all our weddings are done and the Christmas cards have gone from weddings to babies....FUN TIMES! I can't wait to see and hear all about it. God Bless you as you enjoy this wonderful time as a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naps on rainy days are the best! So glad you have a full house with your girls, I know you are loving it!! Enjoy the rest of the week and weekend. My gift to Ashley is going to be a little late, I apologize!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that rain during your wedding week is good luck :)?!

    I know you love having all of your galz at home. I can't wait to see all of the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you, and praying for you ALL week!! What a special time for your sweet, sweet family!

    I'll continue to pray for this MOST blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hecticness (word?) of getting ready for a family wedding! Not that I'm wishing for one of my kids to walk the aisle anytime soon.
    Does the rain freak you/Ashley out or were you expecting the questionable weather ~ being November and all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'all look so calm and relaxed!! I'm glad you're enjoying the week...now the weather just needs to comply.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the rain stops for you! God Bless your family and your precious time together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the rain stops....I have had so little time to read blogs....trees and decorating have taken every minute.....just decided to take an hour and read blogs...So glad I stopped here...http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsy,
    I have so been thinking about you and all the fun the next few days are going to hold.

    Blessings and so much love and joy coming your way,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the wedding goes wonderful and smoothly for you!! I know it's going to be beautiful! The entire week before my wedding it rained and rained and the day of my wedding was beautiful-and I had an OUTDOOR wedding, so imagine how freaked my mom was! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the wedding goes wonderful and smoothly for you!! I know it's going to be beautiful! The entire week before my wedding it rained and rained and the day of my wedding was beautiful-and I had an OUTDOOR wedding, so imagine how freaked my mom was! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope everything goes perfect! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)