Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ashley's Kitchen and Pantry Shower


I have been thinking this week about how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends. God has just blessed me so much with some of the most giving and kind people around. Four of my sweet friends gave Ashley a kitchen and pantry shower today that was so nice.



It was a very dreary day today...windy and drizzly and cold and gray. But these ladies had gone all out to make this shower so warm and cozy and beautifully decorated. The food was amazing and we had a great time enjoying everyone's company and getting to visit and chat together. Look at this pretty table!


All these ladies are my neighbors and three of them happen to be my co-workers. We all teach together! We have lived in this house since 2000...almost 10 years! So they have all known Ashley since she was 12 years old. And now she is all grown up and getting married.



Lots of my friends from church were able to come and some of the teachers who are on my second grade team. Ashley's 3rd grade teacher...who happens to still teach with me!...was able to come. Isn't that sweet??

Ashley got so many nice things... from coffee makers to tupperware to groceries to casserole dishes. That girl is SET! She is one lucky girl.


Laura was able to join us, too, which I was so happy about. She drove to Charlotte to come to the shower.


My Aunt Francine came all the way from Dallas, Texas for the wedding, too! Here we all are with her and my mom.


And here are Laura and Ashley with Steve's mom...


So...I think that about wraps it up for showers for Ashley. I know she is going to look back on all of this with such happy memories. Good friends have made it so very special.

On another note....GO PANTHERS!!! We finally had a really good game today! Yay! It's been a good Sunday!

Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. How fun! I wish I could have a shower again! I think you need one about every 10 years! My taste has changed so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,
    This is so great!! When I got married to my first husband, his sisters threw us a pantry and recipe shower. It was so much fun. We got all these neat things for our pantry, plus flour and sugar and basics like that, and everyone brought a personal fav recipe. It was so wonderful. I didn't know that there were still showers like that today. Such a sweet memory for me. My first husband passed away 8 months after we were married, but this reminds such a sweet memory from that time. Thanks for posting this. Ya'll just look so pretty and happy.

    Have a Blessed evening,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! You have a lovely family. I'm a little disappointed with my Cardinals, but the Panthers played a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like my kind of shower!! Such a great idea, they should give showers at anniversary's too! :) Sounds like Ashley got a ton of great stuff, so happy for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friends are the best!! We are truly blessed and there are so many reminders with all that's going on in our lives right now. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to get married!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice Shower!!! I know ya'll are getting so excited for Ashley's wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley is SET :)! I am so happy everyone has been so generous and kind. These are memories she will never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun!!! Since I attended my friend's fall wedding last year, I have loved fall weddings! How many weeks til the wedding? I know it's coming up this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad she had such a nice shower! Can't wait to see ALL the wedding pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)