Tuesday, October 27, 2009

That's Life

Life is just full of the good and the bad, isn't it? Everyday we get a little of both and I guess that's what makes it LIFE! So here is my good and bad list for today....

Let's start with the bad news then end on a positive note!

*I feel so bad because I accidentally sent several wedding invitations to the wrong addresses! These were good friends of mine at church and I guess we just used our church directory and accidentally sent them to the wrong place since these friends have now moved. But I had no idea that this had happened because the invitations were never returned to me (our return address was just embossed on the back!) Then I sent these same friends a shower invitation and the shower invitations were returned. That's how I realized my mistake. I was sitting here wondering why I hadn't gotten their responses and all along it was MY fault!! Uuugghh!!!


*It has literally been pouring buckets all day long. You know I teach out in a mobile unit, right?? Don't you know how much fun it is to trapse through the pouring down rain with 24 kids behind me all getting soaking wet?? Goodness...


*Two of my good friends...one from my church and one of my best friends growing up... are about to die from cancer. They are both in their final days and they both have children at home and it is just so sad for their families. I hate thinking about it. I am praying for God to wrap his arms around all of them during these last few days. He is going to be welcoming them home soon!

Okay...now onto some happier things!

*My blogging friend Lisa gave me this sweet award today.


Thank you so much, Lisa! I will try to pass it along soon!

*Steve told me today he was going to get me someone to clean the house for me two times this month since I am so busy! Wooohoo!! I love me a clean house!!


*I am taking four days off right around the wedding and I can't wait to spend fun time with Ashley and my family. :)

*I saw the CUTEST thing on YouTube today. Can you BELIEVE how this little girl prays??? Wow...someone has been teaching her how to pray in a mighty way. I smiled the whole time I was watching this. It was amazing to me! I think she might could just get up and preach on Sunday morning!



*We have a short week this week because of Parent-Teacher conferences, so basically tomorrow is Friday for me!! Yay!

Hope you're having a good week, too!

7 comments:

Arlene said...

Life is full of good and bad. We all make mistakes at times and wish we could prevent things from happening to other people. Sorry about your friends. So sad. And that video was so amazing!! Thank you for sharing it.And having a house keeper is good!

Heather said...

Oh Betsy, I am so sorry to hear about your friends. I will pray for them tonight and in the coming days for God's comfort and peace for them and their families. It breaks my heart to hear that.

I hope you enjoy this sweet time with Ashley and your family. I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures! I hope you have a great rest of the week Betsy!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I hate cancer. I can barely read/talk/think about all the people I know who are in the same boat as your friends are right now. My prayers are the same as yours. So sad.

Hang in there and enjoy your long weekend!

Holly said...

That video is darling!!! Great news that you get to have a house keeper for a few days!That is a thoughtful hubby! Have a great week! Can't wait to see more pics!

Jacquie said...

I'm so sorry about your friends, Betsy. It must be so difficult for you.

Can you believe November is almost here??

How hard would it be for the Post Office to return the mail when the address IS on the back?? Just sayin.

Meagan said...

You're right... life is full of the good, the bad, and even the ugly! Sorry for the bad in your day today. I just hope you know that YOU are the GOOD and the BEUTIFUL in so many people's days! Your blog (and through it you) are such a bright spot! I hope tomorrow and this weekend are as fabulous as you are!

petrii said...

Betsy,
I'm so sorry about your friends and the pain their families and friends are in right now. I am so thankful they know Jesus and when they do leave this earth they will be going home.

That little girl is precious and so is her mama.

Have a Blessed weekend,
Dawn