Monday, October 19, 2009

North Carolina State Fair

It was another busy weekend for the Maddox family. We left Friday afternoon and drove to Raleigh for the night (on our way to ECU) so we could go to the North Carolina State Fair. We went to the State Fair almost every year when our kids were little, but it has been a while since we've been. It was very cold and windy, but we had a lot of fun! :) You can see how cold we are here. Our noses were red and I had my coat zipped up as high as it would go! :)



We rode the big slide...you know the one you sit in a sack and ride? I don't think I've ridden on one of those since I was a really little girl!


We got to see so many precious animals. Seriously...we saw the most adorable baby pigs you've EVER seen. There were about 10 of them and they were all rooting around on the big mama pig. I couldn't help but think how sore she must be! Plus there were cute little donkeys and cows. Seeing the animals is one of my favorite parts!

I also love all the vegetables that they grow...HUGE pumpkins and watermelons that weighed over 200 pounds




and all kinds of garden goodies.


Plus I love looking at all the quilts and handiwork that people enter into the fair. There are so many talented people out there!

But, I have to say the fair food is NOT the healthiest way to go. These are just a few of the CRAZY things we saw at the fair. Can you BELIEVE they actually sell this stuff?? Bacon dipped in chocolate?? What on earth!?


Yuck!! This is NOT what we ate! We had some good chicken and barbeque! :)

The next day we drove on to Greenville for the game, but I have to get to bed tonight, so I will tell you all about that part tomorrow!

3 comments:

Lana said...

I have never heard of bacon dipped choclate...yuck! Haha! I have always loved going to the fair! Your pictures are great!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I love going to fairs like that :)! You never know who or what you might see.

I can't believe the wedding is just around the corner. So happy for Ashley!

Ginger said...

Gotta love the NC State Fair! I'd love to be able to go this year..maybe next weekend if we can squeeze it in! Looks like y'all had so much fun! :)