Tuesday, October 20, 2009

East Carolina Homecoming

So....Saturday morning we woke up and drove to Greenville to ECU. Laura and Lindy had already driven up the night before after they left the State Fair. When we got there we got some Bojangles chicken and tailgated and Mark drove up from Raleigh to join us.






I have to say that East Carolina fans know how to tailgate! They were everywhere and there were even bands playing! Somebody was having a barbeque and they had the head of a real pig stuck on the fence next to their tailgate! It was pretty crazy.

The game was so much fun. ECU's mascot is the Pirates and they start the game with a scene from Pirates of the Carribean on the big screen. Everyone was so excited and they all know lots of cheers and chants. Since they are the Pirates, everyone says, "Aaaarrrgh!" if something good happens.










We had lots of fun at the game and afterwards, Lindy showed us all around campus. None of my other kids had ever been there and they were all really surprised at how pretty everything is. They all were very impressed!






Mark had to leave to go back to Raleigh, but the rest of us went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant for dinner. Then Steve and Ashley and I came back to the hotel and got our pajamas on and watched the South Carolina vs. Alabama game. I was sooooo tired. I don't think I made it through five minutes of the game before I fell asleep! I think it was best that I missed it anyway! :) South Carolina lost!

Sunday was a long day of driving back to Charlotte. It is always hard to come back after a fun weekend, but we were glad we went.

I wanted to ask you all to pray for us. Ashley's fiancee, John's grandfather was in a car accident about a week ago and broke his ribs and also had some brain injuries. Here he is in the middle between my dad and Steve's dad.


He is still in the hospital and things are not going well. He is such a sweet, sweet man and John loves him so much. He was in great health and was really looking forward to seeing his grandson get married! Now it is only a little over three weeks until the wedding and it is so hard to be excited and get ready when someone you love is so sick. John's mom and grandmother have been at the hospital every day and they are so worried and exhausted! Please pray for Papou! Thank you all my blogging friends!

9 comments:

Duchess said...

Oh Lord I am sorry about his grandpa. Sending prayers. Only 3 weeks?? Do you have your dress yet?

Kelley said...

I am so sorry about his grandpa. I will be praying.

*!*Fяαи ιиνєנαdα αтέ o ùℓтιмo*!* said...

Wonderful blog and family!!God Bless u all!

Love Being a Nonny said...

Oh, the wedding is closer than I thought!! How in the world are you still doing all those other fun things? I love how you have it all together! What good pictures and family memories!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Your family is so precious! I love how you support one another to the fullest :)!

So sorry to hear about his grandpa. I will definitely be praying!

Jacquie said...

I can't get over how busy the Maddox family is!! Y'all are always on the go.

I'm so sorry about John's grandpa. I just prayed for him and for your families. Praying he'll be able to be at John and Ashley wedding!!

petrii said...

Betsy,
I am so sorry about John's grandpa. I will pray for him.

Your family is so sweet. I love all the pics.

WOW the wedding just 3 weeks away ~~ WOW!!

Blessings to you,
Dawn

The Renfrows said...

Go Pirates! Arrgh!

Alise Nettles said...

I love the homecoming posts for both schools! They look like so much fun and I know you guys loved all being back together again!