Saturday, October 10, 2009

Appalachian Homecoming

This morning we drove up to Boone to spend the day with Laura and go Appalachian's homecoming game. It turned out to be a rainy day, but we had fun anyway! Lindy and Mark were already here, so Steve and Ashley and I left around 8:30 and got to App around 11:15. First we went to Laura's dorm and met her and Lindy. Ashley had never seen her dorm before. Then we headed to lunch at the Black Cat. It is Mexican food and you know how much we all love that! I got their fish tacos and they were delicious!









When we left there, we did some shopping around Boone in some of their cute little shops. It was rainy and chilly all day, and Lindy didn't have a waterproof jacket. So we went to the Mast General Store and got her one. Here are Laura and Ashley trying on hats like Laura will probably have to wear this winter when it is freezing here! haha


Everything in Boone is so pretty at this time of year. Here are some sights we saw around town today!

I thought this was so "fall-ish"!


Lots of cars had flags and decals on them like this one! Everyone was excited for the game.


Tons of people were tailgaiting even in the rain! I saw these pretty flowers with little App flags in them that someone had set out at their tailgate party!



Laura is pretty disappointed that one of her FAVORITE places in the world...Starbucks...isn't here! Boone is more into the little local coffee shops and restaurants. There are very few chains here, which I actually kind of like! I think it's fun to go to locally owned places because they are more unique. Anyway...we had to stop and get warmed up with some coffee. Here is Laura's white mocha and Lindy's peppermint hot chocolate. She calls it "Christmas in a cup!" :) I thought they were just as good as Starbucks!


Once we were all warmed up, we headed to the game. Here I am with Steve right outside the stadium.


The bleachers were a little wet, but I found a cardboard box and tore a piece off to sit on. And our seats were great! Plus App won and that is always fun!


After the game, we walked across campus and met Mark for dinner at Macado's. Isn't this a pretty campus??




I was glad Mark could join us. He has stayed with a friend all weekend. Our whole family got to eat together!



Tomorrow we are getting up early and hanging out here until after lunch. I think we might do some hiking and shopping and just looking at how beautiful everything is! Ashley and I both still have colds, so we are tired and ready for a good night's sleep tonight! Hope your weekend is going well!

8 comments:

  1. All you girls look so much alike!

    Glad y'all had a blast even with the yucky weather. Hope tomorrow's weather is better and you and Ashley are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE Black Cat!!! Did you get their cheese dip? If not, next time you MUST! I'm glad your daughter found a rain coat. They are a necessity around here :) Sounds like you had a great visit. I hope you get home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love, love Boone and Blowing Rock ... and App. We get to head up there next weekend (only 45 min away). It's beautiful! And, I love Mast General Store!

    Glad you had a great time. I only wish it wasn't raining ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that they won their game! Yay! It looks like a beautiful town! I love all the fall scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun it looks beautiful there I love fun we kind of skipped right to winter here!! Even if it rained you all got to be together what a beautiful fun close family you are! Looks like lindy is having alot of fun there too!! ttys

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you all had a great weekend! Boone is actually very close to us in East Tennessee. We drive over that way usually about once a year. I also really enjoy Blowing Rock. So glad your whole family could be together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing like our North Carolina mountains in the fall! I use to go to Blowing Rock the first weekend in October every year. haven't done that in a few years but i do spend lots of time on Lake Lure!!

    Course, any place to get together with the kids is a great place isn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  8. That campus looks absolutely beautiful. There is nothing better than walking to class through the fall leaves :)!

    I am so happy your entire family was able to spend the weekend together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)