Monday, October 26, 2009

And The Award Goes To....

And the award for worst blogger of the fall of 2009 goes to....ME! So sorry. I've just been spinning like a top lately with school and the wedding and going out of town, etc. And then when I do have a minute, I'm not sure I want to spend it on the computer! You know what I mean, right???

So...just to catch you up really quickly....

All the sweet friends at Steve's office gave Ashley a shower this weekend and it was so much fun getting together with them all. They are so generous and kind to remember her. I feel so blessed to have such good friends!

Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures. I was just too busy talking and catching up. But here is one of John and Ashley opening their gifts.



On another note, John's grandfather is doing better and maybe even (keep your fingers crossed) may be able to come to the wedding???!! We are hoping that could happen but we just don't know. He DID get moved out of critical care and into a regular room!

Last night I took dinner over to John's parents just because they have been under so much stress traveling back and forth to the hospital over the past few weeks. I felt like they could use a good homecooked meal. So I made one of my favorite recipes that a friend of mine made for us one night when she had us over for dinner. It is marinated pork tenderloin with an apricot glaze and it is really easy and so yummy, too. I thought I would share this recipe with you since the holidays are coming up. It is one of those things you can "dress up" or "dress down".


Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Glaze

Marinade:
1 T. dry mustard
2 t. dried whole thyme
1/2 c. soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 t. groung ginger
1 4-5 pound tenderloin

Glaze:
1 10 oz. jar apricot preserves
1 T. soy sauce
2 T. dry sherry

Combine ingredients for marinade and put in plastic bag. Place roast in bag and marinate in refrigerator at least 3-4 hours or as long as two days, turning often.

Preheat oven to 325. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake until meat thermometer reads 155...about one hour.

Glaze: Cook ingredients over low heat until preserves melt. Serve over tenderloin.

*We grill our pork tenderloin, but I'm sure baking is just as good!


And, before I go, I just want to leave you with something to encourage you. Sugar Pie Farmhouse is one of my very favorite blogs and I love sharing it with my blogging friends.


Every time I visit I always leave feeling like I've just sat down at my mom's or my grandmother's kitchen table and shared a cup of coffee over girl talk. If you need a dose of that today, you should stop by! I promise you will be blessed! :)

8 comments:

Mary Madeline said...

Hi Betsy, I just love reading your blog!! You have such a beautiful family!!

Heather said...

I know what you mean about sitting down to blog when you have free time. I hate feeling like I need to, for family back home with pics of the kids. Ashley looks so pretty! I bet she is getting so excited! :)

Oh and your not a horrible blogger, your just living life!

Love Being a Nonny said...

I really don't know how you blog as often as you do with your busy life!! I am really looking forward to seeing and hearing about the wedding!

Becky said...

Sorry.....I take first place for being the worst blogger. But I've put out a new post and am going to try and stick with it!!!

I know Ashley and John are getting excited about their upcoming marriage. They are so adorable. Glad to hear John's grandfather is doing better.

Can't wait to try your tenderloin recipe. I'm always looking for new ones and this one looks easy and delish!!!

Have a wonderful rest of the week!!!

petrii said...

Betsy,
WOW John and Ashley look so happy. The wedding is coming right up huh? You must be thrilled. So happy that John's grandfather is doing better.

I'm going to visit that blog right now.

Have a Super Blessed day,
Dawn

Jacquie said...

I agree with Becky, she's worse than you! Ha!! (Love you, Becky)

I know how hectic things are for you right now. Fun too, just really busy. I'm pretty sure even if John and Ashley weren't about to get married, you'd be in over-drive. So glad to hear John's grandpa is improving. We'll keep praying.

Enjoy your moments of peace and quiet... we'll read when you're ready to post.

Joyce said...

I popped over from Lisa's blog...we were both tagged there. I'll definitely be trying the pork tenderloin recipe you posted-looks yummy...have a great day!

Meagan said...

Girl, I know exactly what you mean! And you have NOT been a bad blogger... you've been a kickin' teacher, amazing wife, terrific mom, and all-around amazing, super cool chick! :-) No harm in taking it slow on the blog when life gets wound up! :-)

Thank tenderloin looks GOOD! I am adding it to my must-try list!!