Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

My blogging friend Christal is the QUEEN of thankfulness. If you don't read her blog, you really need to stop by sometime because she is just the sweetest person and she inspires me so much with her Thankful Thursdays. So today I thought I would have a Thankful Tuesday instead. I think being thankful and being grateful for what God gives us is so important. Here are just a few things I'm thankful for today....

1-Laura accepted a bid from a Christian sorority at Appalachian last night!


I am so happy for her. I know God worked out all the details for this to come about and she is really excited about the sweet girls that she has already met. I love when my kids are happy!

2-I got alot done in my classroom this afternoon. I haven't really shown you my classroom yet, so here is a little peek at a math bulletin board I made today. I love putting up fall leaves and colors in my room at school! So I even turned a math bulletin board into something seasonal.




and this is my desk (a little messy at the end of a long day)...


3-Fall is finally here! It has been absolutely gorgeous here today. Blue skies and cool breezes....that kind of weather puts everyone in the BEST mood! I think this weekend I am going to put some pumpkins out on my porch...


and a fall wreath on my front door...


and maybe put some pansies in my pots!


4-Hot showers and my bed! I fall into it every night so tired. And to make it even better, I have been sleeping with my windows open the past few nights. Mmmmm....so cozy!

5-Speaking of Christal, I saw this picture on her blog and I just thought it was so sweet.


This is what she wrote about it....

"But I am most thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and pictures like this one...that remind me that no matter how bad my day is it's okay... cause at the end of the day when I kneel down to pray, I know there is SOMEONE who loves me, that HE wants what is best for me and that He understands me, and HEARS me. Isn't that AWESOME. To KNOW. TO FEEL IT."

I totally agree with her...that is one of the things I am most thankful for in life, too!

Hope you're having a GREAT week!!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't you love the fall weather we are having? I am getting out my fall decorations today...finally! I am actually playing hooky from Bible Study this morning to get some things done. That is great about Laura and the sorority she is in. I don't know if my daughters' schools have chapters there. What a wonderful thing though!

I taught kindergarten and preschool many years ago and the thing I miss the most is decorating and planning the rooms and bulletin boards. I used to love changing out the centers as the seasons changed. Your room is so nice and tidy!

Angie said...

I LOVE fall!! Your classroom looks so cute decorated for fall, I love all the bright colors and decorations that you have in there, your kids must LOVE it!! Congrats to Laura on her sorority :) She will have so much fun!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I love seeing the pictures of your classroom. You always have the neatest bulletin boards.

Ditto on Fall! I love, love, love it! This weekend we are taking Vance and Jack to the Pumpkin Patch.

petrii said...

Betsy,
I so love the fall. The crisp air, sweatshirts, cross country meets, warm toasty blankets; yep my favorite season of the year. Beautiful.

So happy for your daughter and I LOVED your list of thankfulness.

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

Love Being a Nonny said...

LOVE your classroom...all the books..especially Flat Stanley! Do you do the thing where the kids mail off Flat Stanley and have him go on an adventure? I also LOVE that you have a rug of the United States! (My husband would love this one as he things it is SO important for kids to know where they live and where others live!) What an inviting room. Makes me want to be a child again. Yours has become one of my favorite blogs! Have a great fall.

Christal said...

love this post!! There really is so much to be thankful for isn't there! Yah for Laura that is so exciting!! And Fall love it!! Your classroom looks great. I'm so glad you used some of my words it is such a blessing isn't it!! You are the best!!

Heather said...

Loving your fall decorations! I loved seeing pics of your classroom too, so fun! I am so ready for the temps to get cooler here!! I bet it is so nice over there on the east coast!

Melanie said...

I love your latest post. I get excited looking at other teachers classrooms. I, like you, am most grateful that I have a personal Savior that died on the cross for my sins. I am so blessed!

Jacquie said...

I always love your thankfulness posts. We have so much to be thankful for, don't we?

I love seeing your classroom. Makes me want to go back to grade school (for a moment at least)!