Monday, August 31, 2009

My Top 5

Well, I went to the store today and I bought enough stuff for Steve, Ashley, and me to eat dinner plus some extra things for the week and when I checked out, it barely cost me anything!!! I think I am starting to notice at least a few advantages to this semi-empty nest! :) Hmmmm....let's see...

1-I have gotten TOTALLY on top of my laundry for the first time in probably about 18 years. I could do it when I only had two kids, but once four got here, it never seemed possible. Now my laundry room is just stacked with empty laundry baskets! Yay!!!! And it only took me a few loads on Saturday to do it! That is a miracle, people.


2-I leave my house clean in the morning and when I get home...guess what? It's still clean. And if it's one thing I love, it's a clean house. That feels so good to me!


3-I used to get a call or text message at school every day around 2:30. "Hey Mom! What are the dinner plans??" (I wish I could insert the look on my face when I heard that!)


I love my kids, but that daily phone call/text made me crazy. I have no idea what's for dinner when it's the middle of the afternoon and I'm still at school trying to get things done. haha

4-I can pull in and out of the garage without having to play car shuffle! We have the shortest driveway on our street and the most cars. It's so easy to get in and out now. (This isn't really my driveway, but mine looks similar!)



5-With fewer people, decisions are made much quicker.


Now the conversation goes something like this....

"What do you want to do tonight?"
"How about ____________?"
"Sounds good!" Decision over.

Lots of people=Lots of opinions=Lots of compromise!

Of course, I still miss my kids so much, but hey...you've got to look on the bright side a little bit, right??

8 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I LOVE your top 5. Seriously...so cute!!!

Praying your transition continues to go wonderfully! :-)

Jacquie said...

I love this, Betsy!! I feel you on so many levels. Got tickled at your 2:30 text messages! Ha!!

Love Being a Nonny said...

When I read your blog I feel like I am reading about my life just a few years ago...minus one child! Love it! There IS a little joy in an empty nest!

petrii said...

YAY ~~ I'm glad your making lemonade!!

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Christal said...

those are awesome see there are some perks eh!! Made me laugh too!! Hope your having a great week so far!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am glad you are looking at the positivies.

Don't forget to add...
"My calendar is a slowly getting a little less hectic!"

Lana said...

This is too cute! I love that you can look on the positive side of things! Hope school is going great!

Kelley said...

Love your positive outlook!