Friday, August 14, 2009

Girls Night Out

Tonight was probably one of the last "girls' nights" we will be able to have for a while since Lindy is leaving on Thursday and Laura is leaving next Friday. Anyway...we have all been wanting to see The Time Traveler's Wife ever since we saw the previews. So tonight we went to see it.


We had mixed reviews on the movie. I thought it was just okay. It was a little weird to me. But I thought Rachel McAdams did a good job! My girls really liked it.

Before the movie we went to dinner at....see if you can guess??? Yep! La Unica! haha




Steve joined us for that! He didn't want to miss out on some good Mexican food.

We are still shopping and making sure we have everything ready for move-in day. Ya'll should seriously see our dining room and garage. That has become the dumping ground for everything and we have Target and Wal-Mart and Bed, Bath, and Beyond bags all over the place.

We have talked to Mark and he is doing great but we miss him already!

Tomorrow is a "Back-To-School Bash" for Ashley's school. Since so many of her students are below the poverty level or even homeless, they do this back-to-school giveaway to help provide school supplies and bookbags for the kids. I am going with her, so I am looking forward to meeting some of the kids and families at her school!

This summer I met a new blog friend, Heather. Her blog is called Step Inside.


Here she is with her cute baby. She is such a sweet girl and she loves the Lord. I just love her blog! We have alot in common because we are both from Tennessee and we both got married young. She also lives in Texas now which is where I used to live! Anyway...she is having a giveaway on her blog...a Forever 21 gift card! You should go check it out!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am so excited to see The Time Traveler's Wife! It is one of my favorite books and I highly recommend you read it even if you already saw the movie :)

Lana said...

It sounds like you have a lot of going on!!! Don't you love movie nights though?!

The Back to School bash sounds like fun! We had some giveaways last year, too because we have a lot of students living in poverty as well!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Lisa said...

I wanted to go see the movie before getting everyone off to college but we sadly ran out of time. We moved #2 (Brooke) into State yesterday. I am hoping to get pictures up sometime today or tomorrow. My oldest is going back to Chapel Hill on Tuesday or Wednesday. Good luck getting your girls settled in. I know just how busy you are. I am ready to shop for some shoes or something. I am tired so tired of Bed Bath and Beyond!!!

Heather said...

Betsy you are so sweet, thanks for the kinds words!! I feel the same about you!! I am wanting to see the Time Traveler's wife so bad! Hoping to see it soon!

Jacquie said...

It amazes me how much stuff y'all do together. Awesome.

I agree on the movie. I'm emailing you to ask your opinion on one part of it. Don't want to give anything away... Ha!