Monday, August 3, 2009

Cha-Ching!

Okay...let me tell you...outfitting a dorm or apartment (or three) is NOT cheap! Oh my goodness...I have spent so much money over the past few days getting everyone ready to go. Mark is really easy, but since he is moving into an apartment there are just things he has to have. And Laura and Lindy want everything cute and matching, so there is a little more involved there.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon shopping for Mark and he is pretty much done now. Today it was Laura and Lindy's day. We had fun shopping together then eating lunch at Five Guys.


Here is a picture of just some of the bags we have accumulated just since Sunday. Right now you can hardly see our ping pong table in the garage!


Today when I got home from shopping, Steve showed me a really cool new website he found out about in Newsweek magazine. It is called mint.com.


It is a free website where you can track all your spending and find out exactly where your money is going. (I wonder what made him think about that??!!) It is so easy to use and it is completely safe. I put all my information in and it only took about 15 minutes. Then I could see exactly how I have spent my money over the past few months. You can imagine my surprise to find out it was on food for this big family and college stuff! haha Anyway...I thought I would share it with you in case you are interested.

This week is going to be busy for us. Hope you had a happy Monday!

11 comments:

  1. Kale got me on Mint several months ago. Very interesting, isn't it?

    We ate at Five Guys when we went to DC... we almost DIED when we saw how big the french fries serving is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Mint for quite some time... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. iOh, thanks for the tip on the website. I'm going to check it out today. I'm trying really hard to stick to a budget this summer and would love to see this in a 'visual' sense.

    Betsy, three kids in college blows my mind!!! Praying for you ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those days. Let me tell you that before you know it, they will be gone. Even though my college prep days are over, I am thankful for this Mint website. I am sure my husband will thank you too. Hope you have some fun days shopping with your beautiful daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy,
    How fun!!! Can't wait to see the girls rooms all decked out and Mark's apt. It won't be too long and my Dak will be moving out, sigh. He starts his Junior year of high school next week. What?!!!!!

    I haven't heard of Mint. I need to check that out.

    Sorry I haven't commented in a while. This summer has been so busy. But hopefully I'm back to reading and commenting on a reg basis!!

    Have a Blessed day,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I've never heard of Mint.com but I am definately going to check it out!

    It looks like you guys have been doing lots of shopping! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh. I bet you are crazy, I mean planning a wedding plus getting the other 3 ready for college! Fun but crazy! :) THanks for the website, I'm going to check it out! We just got a 5 guys here! We haven't been yet, but YUM! I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to Ashley for getting a job and THANK GOODNESS Mark found some great roomates :)!

    I can only begin to imagine all of the preparations you have had lately...yowza!!! I am sure it will all "pay off" in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betsy,
    I happened upon you through another and it sounds like we have a lot in common. I too married my high school sweetheart (23 yrs,this week) and have a 21,19, and 17 yr olds. 2 in college, one senior. Not sure I'm ready for a completely empty nest but I know it's going to happen anyway.
    Looking forward to following you.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your girls are so pretty!! I look forward to time like that with my girls! I think my husband has mentioned this website to me before and I am so afraid to do it! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, yeah... I think I have been commenting without being signed in by accident, so if you get any comments without a person attached... it might have been me! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)