Saturday, August 1, 2009

Celebrate Good Times...Come On!

We have had a very happy and busy week. Thank you so much to all of my blogging friends who prayed for Ashley with me. God heard our prayers and guess what??? She got a job!! I think it was Wednesday or Thursday that she got called by the principal at one of the schools where she interviewed. He told her he was doing everything he could to get her on board at his school. A little later that day Human Resources called and made it official. Yay!!! She was soooo excited! Now she has 18 days until school starts...so she is going to be one busy girl. This was her last week nannying for Bailey and Brooklyn. sniff sniff She will miss those two cutie pies!


Yesterday we took Mark to NC State for his transfer orientation.


Our main objective was to find him a place to live. He found out so late that he was transferring, that there were no dorms for him to live in and most of his close friends already had roommates. So yesterday Steve and I drove around looking for apartments and checking Craigs List to see who might be in need of a roommate. I just didn't feel good about him living with complete strangers, though.

Then right in the middle of all this looking, we got a call that one of his good friends had a roommate back out at the last minute and there was a spot for Mark. Really??? We headed straight over to that apartment and it was super nice. So by the end of the afternoon, we had a lease signed and he was set to go!

I was telling Steve that at times like this I always remember the Bible story I learned when I was a little girl about the 10 lepers that Jesus healed. Only one of them remembered to come back and thank Him for the miracle he had just performed in their lives. I want to be that one! I never want to forget that all these blessings I receive in my life and in the lives of my children are straight from the Lord. I know things don't just "fall into place". He is the one who orchestrates our lives and gives us so many good things. I am so thankful to Him. He knows my "mommy heart" and He puts it at rest!

So...now it's Saturday night and to end this happy week, my girls are going with friends to see Rascall Flatts...


Lindy's new roommate, Chelsea, is going with them.


All the girls on their way out the door...


And Steve and I are having a date night! Good times! :)

10 comments:

  1. Because of your visit, amd because I have a few free minutes this afternoon I was able to sit and read your fascinating blog. It was even more interesting to me, because our oldest daughter is expecting twins in Oct. I found it so much fun to see pictures of you, your husband and your beautiful family. I will look forward to more visits here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Ashley!!! What grade will she be teaching??

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK GOD for blessings! I am so happy for Lindy and for Mark!!! :-) And I am glad for you because I know that "mommy heart" wants her babies happy, healthy, and taken care of!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for Ashley she got a job! She is going to be an awesome teacher. What a blessing for Mark too! So glad things worked out. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for Ashley! I knew it would all work out for her! What grade???

    Hope you had fun on your date night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY on Ashley getting a job!! That's awesome! I am so happy things worked out quickly! I wish we lived close by, cause I would know some great babysitters! All those girls look so pretty, and hope you and your hubby have a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for Ashley and Mark!! God is so good. School is coming soon now, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for Ashley! I know she was stressing that! Also glad that it worked out with Mark's housing. I'm sure you all feel much better about that living situation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yah for ashley and mark that is so wonderful!! The lord really does hear our prayers and see our needs. Exciting things all of them!! What a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy dropping by and reading your blog . I have been so busy this summer that I have gotten behind.We always have similar things going on in our lives because the ages of our children. I know you are so excited about your daughter's job. That is great! I also have daughter going to State this year. Can you believe that move in day is just days away? I would love to have the summer back and just start all over. I am not ready for this! (I have two in college, so the next few weeks are going to be crazy!) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)