Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back To Work And An Early Birthday

Today was my first official day back to work. Oh my goodness...it was long. We had a full day of staff development and sat in meetings from 7:00 this morning until 3:00 this afternoon!! Whew!

Laura and Lindy's 18th birthday is next week, but they will already be gone, so we celebrated tonight. Really they have been celebrating for a while now. I forgot to tell ya'll, but their friends planned a surprise party for them about a week ago. They went to breakfast with what they thought was just one friend of theirs. But when they got there, about 10 girls were there to surprise them. Then they "kidnapped" them and took them to the lake for an overnight sleepover! It was so sweet and they were completely surprised!!

Then Steve's mom and dad took them out to lunch this week at a very nice restaurant here in town. Steve's mom has made all their pillows for their dorm rooms and they are super cute. She is so talented at sewing!

So, anyway, tonight was very low key. It was just our family, minus Mark. We went to dinner at Cajun Yard Dog, one of their favorite places.








Then we came home and opened presents.


We gave them some money--$$$$$$! And they have been wanting some movies to take to college, so I bought them each two of their favorites.


Then I got them some Turvis tumblers from each of their schools and wrapped up some candy to go inside.


Then they just got a few other tiny little things like notecards and cute sticky notes, etc.

Ashley worked so hard in her room today. Yesterday Steve's dad and his sister, Debbie went over and painted her room for her and it looks so good. Tomorrow my mom and Steve's mom are going over to help her set everything up. She has lots of helping hands. She was exhausted tonight though! haha Welcome to teaching, huh??

Got to get to bed early so I can get up early again tomorrow. It's Lindy's last day home. She's leaving on Thursday. Keep us in your prayers over the next few days as we get everyone settled and moved in! :)

12 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am just exhausted reading all that you have had going on...WOW!

It is so hard to believe that summer is already over and you are starting back to work. Thankfully you are surrounded by GREAT co-workers.

I am so, so, so excited for all of your girls.

Holly said...

I just think your family is SO dang cute! :) I love that you are so close!

Good Luck too all of you in your new adventures!

petrii said...

WOW Betsy,
What fun happenings around your place, but I am sure you are sad too. It is definitely a new chapter in your life.

Your girls are so cute and what fun to get to have their birthday fun spread out. When is their actual birthday?

Have a Beautiful and Blessed day,
Dawn

Melanie said...

Awwww, girls moving, too difficult! Looks like they had a blast. I love birthday's.

Christal said...

wow new begings for all you guys are so fun and so beautiful inside and out!! The girls are going to have so much fun this year! And you are already back to school ahhhh!! Where did summer go eh!

Heather said...

Happy early birthday to your girls!! I love those movies especially Serendipity!! SO cute!! It sounds like they have sweet friends!! What a fun time!

Lana said...

You guys are in my prayers as you get everyone settled! I know what you mean about the first day back being long...first day with students was today and I am exhausted! Tell Ashley, "Welcome to teaching!" :)

Faith said...

You guys are one busy family! There is so much going on with each of you that I don't know how you keep up! Lots of exciting things, but also major life changes, so I'll be praying for you all!

Becky said...

Y'all have got so much going on! Bless your heart, I don't know how you do it!

I know this is silly, especially since I've never met you or your family, but I'm still a little sad that the girls are going to seperate colleges.

I bet Ashley is really excited about teaching this year. Reid started first grade today and this is his teachers first year to teach! I remember Cortney's first year as a teacher. There's something special about teacher's.

I hope you have a terrific school year Betsy.

Julie said...

I've loved going back through some of your blog and seeing what all you have done over the Summer. I'd be sad to go back to work after your travels and memory making!!

I hope you have a wonderful school year!!

Meagan said...

Y'all are in my prayers with all your goings-on! :-) Sounds like a great week so far though! Keep me posted on your back to work... it's killin' me, butI'm loving it all at the same time! I am loving my kids this year and coming up with some new lessons... I love teaching, but it sure does wear me out! :-)

Jacquie said...

I LOVE "SERENDIPITY"!!!! That's one of my all time favorites.

I've been CRAZY behind in the blog world lately. I've been able to keep up with the reading, but commenting (and for sure, posting) is taking a beating.

I've been thinking a lot about you and your family lately and all the exciting things that are going on.

So, excited for L&L's upcoming college adventure and Ashley's new job!!