Thursday, August 13, 2009

1 Chick Has Flown Out Of The Nest....2 To Go!

I'm really behind on my blogging this week. I've been super busy trying to work in my classroom and getting all this college preparation done!

We have been shopping like crazy to get everything bought that all my college kids will need. I want them to be as cozy and comfortable as they can be while they are away from home. Target and Wal-Mart have seen alot of us lately!

Yesterday we moved Mark to Raleigh and into his new apartment. I just can't tell you how nice it is. It is definitely way better than anywhere I ever lived in college!! But I am so happy for him because I know he is going to love it there.

We spent all day yesterday driving to Raleigh and setting up his room and closet and getting his computer and TV all set up. Laura and Lindy went with us and they are so helpful. He is lucky to have sisters. They spoil him so much!

Here are few pictures of his apartment. They still have some work to do with hanging pictures, etc., but it looks great already!


This is their kitchen. I made a little booklet of recipes for Mark. It even has simple things in it like how to make rice or green beans. But I also added a few of his favorite recipes like oven fried chicken and taco soup. I can't wait to see how much time he spends in here this year! ;)


This is Mark with our neighbor Kelsey. She is a student at NC State too! They are like brother and sister. (I even think they look alike!)


So, we have one moved out, and two to go next week. There is sooooo much to do between now and then. In fact, I'm off now to go back to my classroom and get some more work done!! Hope you're having a great week!

7 comments:

The_Richards said...

Congrats on 1 down and 2 to go. I still have all 6 at home and am not looking forward to any of them leaving the nest. We live in fayetteville, NC and so far our oldest is dead set on ECU or Pembroke so I am thankful she wants to stay in the state. Praise God for that.

I love his apartment. I lived in a dorm at SCSU and it was nicer than usual dorms since I was in the sports dorm but still nothing like your sons apartment. I would sleep in his kitchen LOL.

Angie said...

Wow!! He has a great apt!! Way better than anything that I ever had in college too-ha ha!! I hope he has a great year!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Congrat's Momma on all you are getting done!!!

It's SO hard to believe it's time for school again...already!!

Blessing to you!

Carrie B said...

Nice apartment! I know what you mean when you say you want them to be as comfortable as possible.
Good Luck on the next 2!

Jacquie said...

I've been busy, too... and WAY behind on my blogging (reading and posting). I have 70+ unread in my reader. Ugh!

Mark's apartment looks awesome! Can't wait to hear how everyone does in their new lives.

Have a great Friday... I'm heading to Fayetteville to see K & K.

Becky said...

What fun times! Again bittersweet, but fun!!! You will experience the "empty nest" syndrone....but, it doesn't last long and then it will be time for you and Steve!!!

Have a FAB weekend!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I admire you so much Betsy and often think what would Betsy do?! This is going to be a crazy few weeks for you...I will definitely keep the Maddox family in my prayers.

Mark's apartment is SO NICE!