Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Weekends

Weekends at our house are probably not appreciated as much during the summer as they are during the school year, but they are still wonderful.


I think the best thing about weekends at this time of year is that I've pretty much already done all my chores and errands during the week, so I can really relax and enjoy some fun things. Tonight I decided to list a few of the best things about this weekend....

*Having the time to go a little bit out of my way and grocery shop at Super Wal-Mart. I save so much money when I do that!


*Gorgeous weather!



*Browsing around Hobby Lobby. I got tons of cute black frames for Ashley's room and they were all 50% off. I am making a collage of frames over her bed. I will show it to you soon.


*Making banana pudding. Mmmm!


*Going to church and seeing our friends. We missed them last week!


*Hugging Laura and Lindy when they got home safely from Florida. I'm glad they're back. I missed them so much!


*Having a cookout and playing Phase 10 with our sweet neighbors on Saturday night. Fun times!



*Having time to read my book.


I hope you had a good weekend, too!

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad that your trip was so relaxing and that you found time to do exactly what you wanted to.

    Could you please share your ban. pudding recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list of things to enjoy in a weekend! Glad to hear the girls made it home safely.

    Can't wait to hear what y'all have planned for the coming week. There's never a dull moment at y'alls house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! I need the frames from hobby lobby too ha ha!! and the pudding recipe please it looks so yummy!! You always have so much fun and make life fun I just love you and your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summertime is great isn't it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you...loving these summer weekends! All too soon it will back to the hustle and bustle of the school year. I want to enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Ginger have great lists today! I have a dream to have a hammock like the one in the pic here. I would love to take a nap outside on a summer in the late afternoon. About Hobby Lobby - black frames are so popular (I'm a HUGE fan) -- what's going to happen someday when they go out of vogue? The US will have a glut of black frames all due to HL's half-price sales!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)