Friday, July 3, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday And Other Stuff

So...I haven't been able to join in all the "Show Us Where You Live" fun until today. Today we were supposed to show our garages and our yards. Believe me, you definitely don't want to see my garage which is currently being overtaken by Ashley and Mark's college stuff and my school stuff!

So, we will just focus on the yard today. I think my favorite part of our whole house is probably our backyard. We built a porch two years ago and we never get tired of sitting out on it and entertaining on it. If you've read my blog for very long, you've seen plenty of pictures of it I'm sure. But I consider my deck and my porch as part of my backyard, so I will share it anyway.

Here are just a few pictures of my porch. We got this furniture at Pottery Barn and we love it. We also have a table that seats six out here, but I didn't take a picture of that. I don't know if you can see behind the bigger couch, but we have candles all around the edge of our entire porch. At night, I love to come out here and light them and turn on some relaxing music and just enjoy being outside. In fact, Steve and I are bringing a big screen TV out here tonight and are going to sit on these couches watch a movie after it gets dark! :)




Just a few the flowers out here...


This is our deck that is attached to the porch. We have our grill out here along with a fire pit. You can take the middle of this table out and turn it into a fire pit. So, in the winter we light it and hang out on the deck!


And this is the view of our backyard with the porch and deck on your right...


Here are some of the flowers on our deck...


That's all the pictures I took today. I know everybody loves their own yards and there are definitely alot of people who have alot more time to devote to making their yards beautiful than we do right now. Hopefully one day when our life slows down we will be able to work in the yard a little more because it is something we both enjoy!

Anyway...today was a busy day. I took dinner to my two friends who both had little boys on the same day! I woke up early and headed to the grocery store, then got everything done so I could have some fun this afternoon. Steve only had to work a half day today, so he joined Ashley and Laura and me at the pool. It was an absolutely gorgeous day today with low humidity and only about 85 degrees. I love that kind of weather! Here is a picture of Laura going down the slide. :)


Laura and Lindy are leaving tomorrow for Florida with some of their friends and Steve and Ashley and Mark and I are going to West Palm Beach on Sunday, so we have been trying to get ready to go. Yesterday I went to Forever 21 and got a few little summer shirts to wear at the beach. Here are the ones I got...

This is the first one...


I already wore it out last night...


Here are the other ones. (I also got a dressier top, but I don't have a picture of it.)






Forever 21 has the best deals! I just love that place.

And, before I go, I just have to share some cuteness with you!!!

Are these pictures adorable or what?

Mark and Bailey went to Barnes and Noble today. Bailey loves to snuggle with Mark! She wore her hair in pigtails for the first time today. Oh my gosh...it was tooooo cute!


And Lindy went to the pet store the other day and got this precious little beagle puppy out to play with. We used to have a beagle named Buddy and so we are a little partial to beagles!


Tomorrow is July 4th! I always love that holiday! Hope you have a great July 4th weekend! :)

12 comments:

Becky said...

LUV your back porch and deck! I'm like you.....I like to go out light the candles and turn on some nice music. What a GREAT way to escape.

Happy 4th!!!

Lana said...

I love your back porch! I would love to have a deck and porch to be able to go out at night and sit on or entertain on! How nice!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Your porch is awesome!

And we're a little partial to beagles too! ;)

Have fun at the beach, and have a wonderful 4th of July!

Angie said...

I love your furniture from PB, it's wonderful!! What a great porch. The shirts you got are so cute, have fun on vaca!

Faith said...

Oh my, I would love to have outdoor spaces like you do. I know you all must enjoy using that so much!

Love all of the pics of your cute family. Happy 4th!

petrii said...

Betsy,
You back deck and porch are so cute. I love the table/fire pit.

And that puppy and little girl in pigtails, get out of town cute!!!

Have a Blessed 4th,
Dawn

Christal said...

how fun and cute tops!! love forever 21 and I love the pictures love your furniture and mark so cute!! what a fun summer so far!!

Jacquie said...

Your back porch looks SO relaxing. We sat out on my parent's deck all evening tonight - it was GORGEOUS!! Makes me want to fix up a breakfast area for me and Dave!

That picture of Mark and Bailey is adorable.

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Oh, I love your back porch and deck!!! If we had a porch, I wouldbe like you, use it as often as I could!

Great pics! Hope your trip is great!!

~Beth

Heather said...

I love all the pictures!! Love your PB patio furniture, so cute, love the colors!! YOur flowers look great! Look at all your fun finds at Forever 21, so cute!!!

Christa said...

I LOVE your porch! I really like the furniture! It looks so relaxing.

Megan L Hutchings said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog :)!

It is so hard to believe that July is here and summer is going by so fast. I hope you are finding quiet times during your busy schedule. Your porch/deck is the perfect place for that. I could do some serious reading our there.

I will be praying for Lindy and that she feels better soon!!!