Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just Another Day In Paradise

Another fun day in Florida today! Today we decided to go to Delray Beach which is about 30 minutes from here. It is such a quaint little town with a beautiful beach and we love going there. Since we slept in this morning, we didn't get down there until around lunch time. But that worked out perfectly. We decided to go to one of our favorite restaurants right across the street from the beach. It's called Boston's.


We ate outside so we could enjoy the day and people watch, too. I have to say that people watching is one of my favorite pastimes! That is very entertaining to me. :)

I got their famous lobster bisque and then Ashley and I split a blackened mahi-mahi sandwich.

Then it was time to hit the beach! Here are Mark and me as we were walking through a kind of tunnel of palm trees and sea grapes to get to the beach.


We got all spread out and settled in...









But we had only stayed there for about an hour when we started seeing jellyfish everywhere! They were washing up on shore and people were getting stung in the water. Needless to say, that's when we decided to pack it up and head back to West Palm Beach to the pool!


The pool was so nice. The water was not very cold at all. We sat under the cabana and all of us had something good to read. Ashley read this entire book today that she bought at Barnes and Noble last night.


And I picked up this book last night while we were browsing and got sucked into it.


I used to LOVE all the Laura Ingalls Wilder books when I was little, and I loved the Little House On The Prairie show. Plus I really enjoy biographies. So I have been reading this book all day today. I am still planning on reading the other book I brought, too!

Steve turned on his Palm Pre at the pool and watched some of the Michael Jackson memorial service live online.


Just when he turned it on, MJ's daughter was giving her speech. It was so heartbreaking. She seemed really sweet. I feel so sorry for those kids. I hope things will turn out well for them, bless their hearts!

We decided not to go out tonight. Instead we just grilled out here.


I marinated chicken all day and made a big salad and baked potatoes to go with it. Tonight we are just hanging out and watching TV. Mark really likes The Deadliest Catch and I have never watched it before until tonight when he had it on. That is a very intense show! You couldn't pay me enough to do that job!!

8 comments:

  1. This is soo funny to read! I was born in Delray and lived there for 7 years before moving to Raleigh. Now I live (when I'm home from school) in Boca, which is about 15 minutes South :) Glad you're having a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I can't imagine seeing jellyfish! They have always seemed so strange to me!

    Glad you are having a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like y'all are having a great time!! Don't blame you for leaving when the jellyfish appeared!

    Hope y'all have a great day today!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like y'all are having such a good time. Don't you just love the beach! Enjoy the rest of your time there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. More Maddox family fun! I have to look twice when I see pictures of you and Ashley, cuz I can hardly tell y'all apart.

    I'm a people watcher, too! I could sit places and just watch for hours. People are so interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful there and like you are having a blast! Can't wait to see more updates! By the way, Richard also loves The Deadliest Catch show. It is crazy what those guys have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos at the beach!! I am going next week and I can't wait! I would love to hear of what you think of that book, I have been wanting to read it and I am not a reader!! You all look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betsy,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
    site!! Amen & amen! :)

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page?

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog
    -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
    blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

    •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)