Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Heart Florida!

I love Florida so much.


I am sad that this is our last day here. We probably won't be back for at least six months or so. But I already told Steve that I want to put a trip down here on our calendar for sometime around February when winter is really getting old and we are craving some sunshine and ocean breezes!

I thought I would share a few of the pictures from our last day here.

I told you Ashley and Mark were all about the R & R this week!! They were completely conked out by the pool today! :)




We got entertained for at least an hour this afternoon by some adorable kids who were giggling and splashing and having the best time. Mark was playing with them and making them squeal and giggle. They were so cute I just had to take their picture!




I sat under a cabana this afternoon and I actually made it through my whole stack of magazines. I do not take this kind of time for granted! It is so rare in my life.


There are little lizards everywhere here. This one was very bold and came right up to our chair while we were eating Cheese Nips. He seemed to be asking for some, so we threw a few crumbs down for him and he ate them! Doesn't he have a cool tail?


Tonight we had to take Mark and Ashley to a restaurant we found last time we were here called Rocco's Tacos. If you were reading my blog back in the spring, you might remember that this is where we saw Kelly Ripa over spring break. Plus we love their homemade guacamole!

Dinner was so good. We all got the guacamole and the tacos they are so famous for.




After dinner, we walked up the street to where there was a band playing. We were hoping to be able to sit outside and enjoy the evening listening to the band and maybe getting some coffee or dessert.




But right when we got there the black clouds gathered right over our heads and the wind started blowing like crazy!! It was obvious that a storm was about to be right on top of us, so we started running for the car!


So it was ice cream and TV tonight instead.

On a totally different subject, I wanted to give you an update on my neice Rebeccah who went to Uganda recently. She is home and doing great. She has been going to the doctor and getting blood work done to see if the malaria she contracted is something she will always have or not. I will let you know when we find out more.

And, today, my sister-in-law and neice, Angie and Brianna left for Kenya on a mission trip. This is me with Brianna at her graduation party.


Please pray for them to have a safe trip and for the trip to be meaningful and productive! Thank you so much!

7 comments:

  1. I bet yall have had a great time in Florida!!

    Praying for a safe mission trip! What an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your updates how fun!! So glad you've had such a great time! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your trip has been fun and relaxing! Nothing like a little R & R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics!! Look at that lizard, they are all over the place in TX! Hope y'all had a great trip! We are going tomorrow!! Woo-Hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the updates! Sounds like y'all are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pics of Ashley and Mark tell it all!!

    So glad to hear that Rebeccah is home and doing well. I've been anxious to hear.

    Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always bitter-sweet to leave the beach and head home for me! I am always hating to leave but looking forward to being home! :-)
    I am so glad your niece is doing well... I have thought about that a lot!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)