Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday! It has been very nice and calm around here for the past two days. Yesterday we woke up to rain. It was that perfect kind of rain that sounds so good on your roof and begs you to sleep just a little bit longer (which I did!)





When I got up, I put a barbeque pork roast in the crock pot then got going on my day.

I got all those frames hung that I bought at Hobby Lobby and they look really cute. Now I just need pictures to put in them! :) I am also getting taller lamps for the side tables.




I also got my hair cut and colored. It's so much nicer to go to the salon on a Monday instead of a Saturday. It's way less crowded and I don't take up a whole afternoon of my cherished weekend hours.

Last night I watched The Bachelorette. I have hardly watched it at all this time, but there wasn't much else on, so I got sucked in. And I have to say that I was NOT a fan of that green "mankini" that Ed was wearing! No thank you!

Rocky woke us up early this morning and it was hard to go back to sleep, so I got up and went on a walk. It has been very cool here so that was so nice.

I tackled a HUGE project this afternoon....pictures!! Oh my goodness, I have soooo many pictures. They are just stacked in boxes and I have been wanting to put them into photo albums so it is easier to look at them.


Just today I put about 900 pictures of Laura and Lindy into albums. And that only got me up through their middle school years!!! What on earth? There is apparently not a minute of their life that hasn't been documented. haha And that's not to mention Mark and Ashley's pictures and our family trips and holidays, etc! This could be a very long and extensive project!!

My kids are so excited about tonight. It is the premiere of the sixth Harry Potter movie.


My kids are die hard Harry Potter fans. Laura and Lindy are having a little party, then seeing the movie at midnight. Mark is going with his friends and so is Ashley.


Tomorrow morning at 5:00, we are leaving to drive to East Carolina University for Lindy's orientation. I'm thinking Lindy will be sleeping on the way! I am looking forward to finding out more about ECU. I think Lindy is going to love it there.




After we leave, we are going to visit Steve's sister, Angela, and take her out for her birthday. She lives on the coast of North Carolina...not too far from ECU. We are looking forward to seeing her.

A few days ago I told you I made banana pudding. A couple of people asked for the recipe, so here it is! I got this recipe from Meredith's blog. It looked so good. But I made mine a little different and it turned out really well. This is Meredith's recipe, only modified a little.

Banana Pudding

5 or 6 bananas, sliced
1 box Nilla Wafer Cookies
2 pkgs. vanilla instant pudding mix
1 can Eagle Brand
1 8 oz. Cool Whip

Follow directions on instant pudding box, but instead of adding 2 cups of milk per package as directed, combine one cup of Eagle Brand milk with one cup regular milk and mix with pudding. (This worked well for me and made the pudding a little thicker.) Layer cookies, bananas and pudding. Top with Cool Whip and crushed Nilla Wafers. Note: I always put Nilla Wafers around the top of the pudding to make it look even better! :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at the amount of busy-ness you and your family have going on. You squeeze all you can out of a day.

    Enjoy your trip tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have to tackle "the photo project"! I am dreading it. I have finally removed all of the images from my computer and backed up to disk and uploaded to shutterfly. Now I just need to order prints and put into books. I need to do it in bite size pieces though so I don't spend a fortune :)

    ECU is my alma mater. Oh, I remember when I left to go there. It was sad, happy, scary and fun all in one. I hope she'll like it. One thing I noticed about ECU that is different from many other places is that it is so easy to meet people because of the hospitality and people are just so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a fan of Ed at first but after last nights episode with him wearing the green swim shorts and blue suit I am not so sure anymore! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several comments on this post:

    1: When I have lamps that are a little too short, I put a couple of hardback books under them. Instant perfect size!!

    2: Instead of photo albums, I just went through all of my pictues and put them in photo boxes with the year on the front. The boxes stack nicely in a closet and if you need a picture you don't have to search back through the album to make sure it gets back in the right place.

    3: LOVE the frames behind the bed! Oh, I love the bedding too!

    4: I use to make that banana pudding recipe until I discovered Paula Deen's recipe. Oh. My. Word. It's almost the same but she uses Pepperidge Farm cookies and just a few other differences. Look it up on her site!! It is WORTH TRYING!! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. I can't wait to make it!!!

    Man oh man...that is a lot of pictures but I totally understand wanting to document EVERYTHING!!!

    Enjoy your week beautiful!

    p.s. Meag and I are dying to meet you in person. We just ADORE you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't the rain nice sometimes... especially when you are staying in and reading or working on projects - just makes me feel cozy!

    Your photo project sounds like quite an undertaking! I used to scrapbook in High School and it just got to be too involved! Photo albums are MUCH more efficient and practical! I have TONS of photos that haven't even been printed, but are just saved on my computer! You inspire me to get on the ball!!

    And... details on my new "relationship status" (lol) will be coming soon in bits and pieces! ;-) Gotta keep up the suspense... it's been a LONG time coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love it when it rains? Our weather has been very cool for a summer weather which I'm loving. I can't wait to see the movie too. I'm a HP freak! :)

    Glad to find you. Hi from a fellow blogger from Charlotte. Come "visit" me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)