Monday, July 6, 2009

Fun In Florida

Yesterday was a long day, but we finally made it to West Palm Beach around 7:00. Laura and Lindy left Saturday for a trip to Florida with their friends, so it was just Steve, Ashley, Mark, and me on this trip. We got in a full day of reading, taking turns driving, listening to the radio, and sleeping! :)




Steve's brother, Mike, lives in West Palm Beach. He is gone for several weeks, so we are staying at his condo. Last night we were so tired, all we did was eat dinner, go to the grocery store, watch a little TV, then head off to bed.

When we woke up this morning, the weather was beautiful! We packed our cooler and went to the beach for the day. Hanging out at the beach is one of my favorite things to do ever. It was such a nice day! Here are some of our pictures...

You have to have some good beach reading, right?? I took my stack of magazines that I've had forever and haven't gotten to read yet, plus a few new ones. And I finished My Sister's Keeper, so Ashley said this book is really good. I started reading it today.


And, of course, you have to have a cooler full of drinks and sandwiches and some good munchies!


While we were sitting there, we got entertained by a whole bunch of kids at a surfing school. They were so cute.


It was really hot, so the ocean water felt so good. Here we are after we got cooled off.


Relaxing...


Mark was loving his first day of vacation!


When we got back home, there was a turtle in the parking lot! It was really big. I was a little scared too get too close. Steve was kidding me that he might bite me!




One of the things I love about Florida is all the beautiful flowers and all the foliage that is so different from what I'm used to. This is just one of the beautiful hybiscus flowers growing on Mike's patio!


This is the view from Mike's backyard. This canal has alligators in it. Sometimes they have even crawled out and into the yards and sidewalks!


You will see this kind of plant everywhere down here. They are called sea grapes and every time I see them, they remind me of being in south Florida. I think they are so unique!


And, of course, there are the beautiful palm trees. I took this picture right in Mike's backyard!


Tonight we went out to dinner at a place we've been before called Yard House. We ate outside and it was delicious!




Ashley and I split this chicken and rice bowl that was sooo good!


Then we went to City Place just for a little while. Mark wanted to get a book at Barnes and Noble to read on the beach. Isn't it pretty at night?




Today Ashley and I rented Paul Blart-Mall Cop at the Red Box. We watched that tonight. It was okay. I love Kevin James, but I've seen better.

Who know what we will do tomorrow? That's what I love about summer...no plans! :)

6 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful in West Palm Beach, FL!

    I thought the same thing about Mall Cop...it was not as good as I had expected.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm so jealous! You are getting some great vacations in this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all just know how to do fun!

    I loved Mall Cop, not so much the story as just watching Kevin James be silly. He's so funny.

    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I join your family? LOL!! :-) That sound like SO.MUCH.FUN! I love the beach and that looks like my kind of day! I don't do a lot when I am at the beach... I just like to sun, swim, read, and snack all day! :-) Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! Have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo super jealous of your trip! Hope you are having a blast! :)

    I saw my FAVORITE chips in your pic. I love the jalepeno kettle chips..they are to die for!

    But, Mall Cop?!?! Oh dear...I saw that when I babysat and must say was not a fan! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy! I was reading Kelly Stamps' blog and saw you were also from NC so I had to come say hello! I am also a Compassion sponsor! :) Happy to "meet" another NC blogger! Your blog is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)