Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cloudy Day

We woke up to a very cloudy day today. Normally I don't really like those kind of days, but it was perfect today because I had alot of little projects to get done!

Did I tell you that our washing machine broke two days ago? We run our washing maching 24-7, so I'm not surprised that it finally died! Poor thing! So we have been washing machine shopping. We picked one out yesterday and it is coming tomorrow. Luckily, I had just finished tons of laundry right before it broke down. So today was my fold and put away day.


I also ran some errands. I went to Bath and Body Works to get some of those plug-in wallflowers and I found a new scent...creamy nutmeg. I had never smelled this kind before and it smells so good! I've got it plugged in right now.


This afternoon, I did a little bit of school planning. I know...can you believe that?? I just feel like August is going to be so busy so I am trying to get ahead a little bit.


While I was working on school stuff, I put in one of my Netflix movies...New In Town. It was okay, but I actually fell asleep while I was watching it and got in a little nap. haha One of the previews before the movie was for another movie called The Christmas Cottage. I don't know if it is any good, but it is about the life of Thomas Kinkade and how he got his start. I love his paintings so I thought that might be interesting. I actually have this painting in my bedroom.


I love going into his galleries and dimming the lights above his paintings. Then it looks like the lights in the painting are coming on. That is amazing to me!

Tonight we ate dinner out on our porch. I made talapia with mango salsa. Then Steve and I went to Baskin Robbins and got one of our favorites...a mint chocolate chip hot fudge sundae!


We had fun sitting outside and watching all the cute kids playing around us.

I heard Katie Holmes is going to be on So You Think You Can Dance tonight. I don't normally watch that show, but I would like to watch her dance, so I think I might turn it on. Is anyone else watching that??

9 comments:

Melissa said...

At least you still have a few more weeks off. I only have one more! ;(

Christa said...

I watched SYTYCD tonight! I usually do not watch it either but I wanted to see her! I had no idea she could sing or dance!

Heather said...

I would like to see Katie Holmes dance too, but it sounds like I have missed it! I LOVE cloudy rainy days, I always get a lot done too, and Kinkade paintings are the best! Sorry about your washer, stink!

Rebecca Jo said...

Ummm... I didnt think what she did really "qualified" as dancing.. she walked to the beat & had guys lift her alot... & she lip synched to her own song...needless to say, I was disappointed.

I LOVE those wall flowers.. I loved Peony & now, its gone.. sigh...

Ginger said...

O.K. You're making me feel bad! I've not done any school work! Just can't seem to bring myself to that yet...maybe next week! Ha!!

Jacquie said...

I don't watch SYTYCD either. It was Big Brother night for me.

I bet it feels good to get a jump start on the new school year.

Lana said...

I love those Wallflowers from Bath & Body. They smell so good!

Can you believe it's almost time to go back to school?! I am not ready at all!

Christal said...

sounds like a perfect cloudy day! We have one here today we were going to go skiing but its to windy! But sounds like you had a great day! I've always wanted to try the wallflowers that one sounds yummy! To bad we don't have bath n body works around here!! Well keep having fun!!

Meagan said...

Hey girl! When do you go back to school? We start August 5th so I have started my planning... going back sooner than usual and I am starting my planning later than usual, lol. At any rate, I was up at my room this morning putting things back in order! Hard to believe summer is coming to a close!!