Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Trading Places

Today was a complete turn around from what is normally going on in our house. I stayed home all day while all four of my kids went to work!! I can't even remember the last time I was in my house all alone for more than about an hour. And that is something I love doing so I totally enjoyed my day today! I got so much done....laundry, cleaning, reading, napping! It was fun being the one who got to stay home while everyone else went to work. haha

Tonight I am doing some last minute packing. We are all (minus Mark and Ashley)getting ready to leave on trips tomorrow. Laura and Lindy are going with our church on a senior beach trip to Florida and Steve and I are heading to Charleston. I have been to Charleston many times. My girlfriends and I used to go every year together and always had fun. Plus I've been other times with my family. But one thing I have never done is take a horse and buggy ride that tells you all the history of the city, so that is something I hope we can do while we're there! (Not to mention going to the beach, shopping, browsing around in the market, and eating some amazing seafood!)


I wanted to ask you to pray for my niece, Rebeccah.


She is on a mission trip to Uganda and has contracted malaria. She also has a parasite and has been very sick. (Here is their mission trip blog.) She is going to be there till July 2nd, so we are hoping she gets better soon. We are worried about her. If you think about her, please remember to pray for her. Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. have so much fun! all of you. Can't wait to read about it you are the best trip blogger ever! It always feels like were right there with you! Sad about your niece we'll keep her in our prayers and hope she gets all better soon! Well be safe and have fun! ttys {sounds like a great day too all alone!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for Rebeccah's healing.

    I love to be home (alone :)) too!

    Have fun in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking about and praying for Rebeccah. I hope that she will begin to feel better soon.

    Enjoy your trip to Charleston. You'll love the carriage ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet moments those are when you are able to be home...alone!! ahhh...

    I'll be praying for each of you as you are away on your trips....have an amazing time with your husband.

    And, I WILL be lifting your sweet Rebeccah up in MUCH prayer. This Momma's heart can relate. When our Ashley was in YWAM....she had a bad staph infection.....a she prepared to go to Thai*land and we weren't sure she go....BUT GOD.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope y'all have a great trip!! And I will pray for your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun on your trip! You and the girls! :) That's so sad about your niece, I'll stop and say a prayer right now! The Lord will bless her for her missionary work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to be following Rebeccah and her group from now on. I know what it's like to be sick on a mission trip - one of our team had to be taken to the hospital in the Philippines. I'm glad I gound your blog - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Charleston too! We went for our 25th wedding anniversary. We stayed at *#2 Meeting Street Inn* and took a carriage ride. We then bought the print of the carriage sitting in front of the Inn. What great memories!

    Looked at Rebecca's website and prayed for her and all the others on the trip. I have a friend in Africa who is recovering from malaria right now. Scary stuff. God is bigger than malaria though. Will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will certainly pray for your niece... that sounds like some scary stuff!!!!

    I have only been to Charleston once, and I was pretty young and have always wanted to go back so I can't wait to hear and see pictures of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an interesting momma moment... when the kids are all old enough to have jobs and you get a quiet day at home!!

    I just added Rebeccah to my prayer list... please keep us updated on her condition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)