Monday, June 29, 2009

Simple Summer Fun

I love spending summer nights on our porch. Tonight Laura and Lindy took a big TV out there and invited friends over for The Bachelorette...


and some seven layer cookies! Just some simple fun!


Now for a little wedding update...

We've gotten alot done this week on Ashley's wedding! We decided on center pieces for the reception and got the engagement announcement sent into the paper. Ashley and John also started their pre-marital counseling sessions with my dad today and tomorrow they are going to a cake tasting. And we have been looking at TONS of invitations! Look at these gigantic books!


They have every kind of invitation imaginable in them. We actually found the one she wanted online. It is so classic and pretty. I love it!

Hopefully this week we can go do a little shopping for my dress! I've seen a couple that I really like already.

And this....


is where John and Ashley are most likely going on their honeymoon. I won't say exactly where it is, but it is somewhere tropical. I know they are going to love it and hopefully it will be relaxing and restful after all the wedding hustle and bustle!

And...I am FINALLY almost done with My Sister's Keeper! I know...it takes me forever to read a book. I just hardly have any time! But I think I've decided NOT to see the movie. I have heard how sad it is and I hate sad movies. They give me a really bad headache from all the crying! I think I'll just see The Proposal instead. That one looks cute and happy. That's more my style! :)

11 comments:

dee said...

The proposal is great! You will love it - the scenery in it is beautiful and it is so sweet. I do not like sad movies either, same reason.

Christal said...

What fun activities and all the wedding planning going on will keep you busy all summer eh! THere wedding is going to be beautiful and what a beautiful honeymoon spot too!!

Heather said...

Betsy, I am so glad that you left a comment! Your family is beautiful! We taught teenagers at our old church back home and they were in our house all the time and we loved it, but I bet it is different when it's your own kids! :) You don't look old enought to have a 22 year old or teenagers! Congrats on your daughter's upcoming marriage, how exciting!! I'm so glad you stopped by!!

Melissa said...

I read the book last year sometime, and when I heard they were making a movie I was excited. But then when I saw the cast, I decided not to see it. I'm always disappointed in movies after I read the books. Can't wait to see more about the wedding. Isn't it so much fun and stressful all at the same time?

Holly said...

Betsy,
Must I always remind you.... post that recipe girl! :) It looks divine!!

I want to see the propsal too.

Your girls are so darn cute! It's alot of work planning a wedding isn't it?!

Lacy said...

I loved My Sister's Keeper book too, and I have heard that the movie is completely different, so I don't think I wanna see it! I am so excited for Ashley's wedding! :)

Meagan said...

Gosh, your busy in the summer too!! lol. I love your porch... it seems like the perfect place to spend a summer evening and I am so glad that everyone in your family as well as friends take advantage of it!! :-)

I went to see the Proposal... it was cute! It is a chick flick for sure!! Megan wants me to go see Sister's Keeper with her and I am going to pack the kleenex because I know I am going to boo hoo! lol

Duchess said...

We went through 2 of those big books of invitations before Matt suggested using construction paper and glitter glue to make our own invitations.

His idea while cute was not used in the planning of our wedding:-)

Megan L Hutchings said...

Your summer is full of so many exciting things ;)! I think you should write a book titled "How I survived 2009!"

I hope you are enjoying your summer and soaking in the rays when you can!

Jacquie said...

The Bachelorette was sure interesting last night!!

I'm so excited to be able to see the wedding plans being made. Their honeymoon spot looks absolutely amazing.

I loved the movie, but it WAS sad... I really want to go see The Proposal next.

The Renfrows said...

I just started My Sister's Keeper. We are headed to the beach on Friday so hopefully I will find time to finish it there!