Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Party and A Wedding

Yesterday was our end of the year party at school and God was smiling on us because He parted the clouds and stopped the rain and we were able to have a really fun party outside playing limbo and tossing water balloons and playing four square. I was spoiled, as usual, by my sweet class. They gave me such nice gifts and one little girl read me a poem called, "When You Thought I Wasn't Looking" that had us all in tears. I always get sentimental at this time of year thinking about how much I love all my boys and girls and how much I will miss them. I know that seems crazy, but I am sappy like that sometimes.

One of the gifts I got yesteray was a gift card to one of our favorite restaurants, Cajun Yard Dog. So last night Steve and Ashley and I went together. I got their yummy fried catfish with smothered cabbage and cheesy grits. Mmmm!! Steve played church basketball last night, so I watched the movie He's Just Not That Into You.


I thought it was good and believe it or not, I stayed awake for the whole thing!

Today was a nice relaxing day of shopping and napping and watching TiVo'd shows. Then tonight, I went to the wedding of the daughter of one of my sweet friends, Leigh Ann. Leigh Ann and I have been friends since high school and I can't believe that now we both have daughters who are getting married! This a picture of Leigh Ann and her husband Jamie.


My dad did part of the ceremony. He actually married Leigh Ann and Jamie almost 25 years ago and today he married Whitney!


He is about to do the same thing for me in November! The wedding was so nice and the whole time we were there Ashley and I were taking notes on everything we liked. Here we are at the wedding...


Ashley ordered her "Save The Dates" today and they look really cute. We have a long list of things we are going to get done just as soon as school is totally over.

I am looking forward to having time to help Ashley more soon!

PS-I had to take my followers off because for some reason it was giving me an error message everytime I tried to log onto my blog. Is anyone else having this trouble with Internet Explorer??

8 comments:

  1. Haven't heard about the Cajun Yard Dog, but if you're talking fried catfish and cheese grits, well then my husband and I will DEFINITELY need to be checking that out!

    What a sweet story about your dad marrying your friend and now her daughter. And even more special for him to have the honor of marrying his precious granddaughter in a few short months!

    I haven't had any problem with my "Followers", but I'm on a Mac so I am not using Internet Explorer. Hope you get that resolved soon! Stuff like that is so frustrating.

    BTW...just grabbed your button! Thanks!

    Have a blessed Sunday, my friend,
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! Your friend is a beautiful mom of the bride! How sweet that your daddy did part of the service. Enjoy tody!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy,
    I was so glad to see all of you at the wedding yesterday. Thanks to you these are the very first pictures I have seen of "our" special day. I can't wait to see the pictures and the video so I will be able to see everthing I missed. It all went by so quicky! Let's get together soon and talk weddings! Love you so much!!!!

    Leigh Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy,
    Sounds like you had such a sweet end to this school year. So glad you got to eat a one of your fav's.

    That looked like a beautiful wedding!!!

    Did Ashley get the job she applied for? You might have blogged about it already and I missed it, so sorry if I did, but I've been thinking about her and wondering if she'd heard back yet.

    I have not had problems with that, but bloggers been given me fits, but from what I understand it's universal fits =)

    Have a Blessed week,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sappy, too! =) The end of the year always gets me. That is SOOO sweet that your dad has married two generations. Is he marrying Ashley???

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story about your Dad marrying them!!

    I've been having trouble with an IE error when I try to read and comment on SOME, but not all, blogs (always on Kelly's)?? It's strange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You stay so busy, but it all sounds so fun! I know what you mean about being a little sappy at the end of the year when you have to tell you kids bye, but I always get SO EXCITED about meeting a whole new group in the fall. The beginning of the year is my favorite!! So are you officially done???

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looked like a beautiful wedding!

    You know, I'm surprised I wasn't more sad when school ended than I was. I think I was just so excited about everything coming up this summer that I was just as excited as the kids!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)