Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ninety To Nothin'

Have you ever heard the old saying, "I feel like I'm going ninety to nothin'"? Well that's me today!

*Woke up this morning and got my nails done. I always get a french manicure. That is my favorite.


But, there IS a problem with getting your nails done in the summer. For some reason when I put on sunscreen, it makes my nails turn really sticky and gooey. Does anyone else have this problem?? I have to wear a glove when I put on sunscreen and I look ridiculous! haha

*Did some laundry and cleaned up the kitchen. That job is never done, right??

*Put a roast in the crockpot for dinner.

*Took Lindy to the doctor. She has been having so much stomach trouble lately, so they did some tests to see what could be causing the problem. Hopefully it is nothing serious and we can fix it soon.

*Mark got a hole in his tire two days ago and needed a new tire, so I went and picked it up for him. I know he is ready to get his car back asap!


*Since Mark is without a car, I picked him up from a study session he was having at Barnes and Noble and took him home so he could go to work. He is taking a summer math course and has his final tomorrow night.

*Grabbed some lunch with Lindy at our favorite Greek restaurant, Showmars. Got their Greek salad with chicken. I LOVE those pepperoncini peppers they put on their salads! Yumm!



*Ran errands at Wal-Mart.

*Came home and talked to Ashley about her cake tasting today. Her cake is going to have five layers (each layer will be a different flavor) and will look similar to this one except she will be using her wedding flowers in all the fall colors instead of the white balls shown here...


We were going to meet at Hobby Lobby to finalize the center pieces for her reception, but that didn't work out.

*Went to dinner with a good friend of mine. That was fun!

Now I'm getting ready for bed and looking forward to a slower day tomorrow. But before I go, I have a question for you...

Does anyone know a good Bible study for couples to do together?? Not a Beth Moore study or one that is more geared for women. I'm looking for one that would be fun for a couple to do maybe on their own and then come together and talk about after they finish a section. Any ideas??

11 comments:

Lana said...

I love, love, love the wedding cake! It is beautiful!! It sounds like things are coming together for the wedding!!

I don't know about the Bible study for couples, but I'm glad you asked because I could use suggestions, too!

petrii said...

Betsy,
Wow ~~ now that's busy!!! I hope Lindy is feeling better soon.

Ashley's wedding cake is gorgeous!! It will look beautiful with fall flowers.

I've done several Bible Studies but not one like this. When D and I study together, generally it is not from an actual study, it's just from a passage God is talking to us about. I look forward to seeing what suggestions you get.

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Five different layers with five different cakes...wow, that sounds amazing!

Don't know of a bible study geared for couples, but my husband has written some studies that are for general groups. You can search on Amazon...just type in his name (John B) and they'll come up. They're published by NavPress. That may not be close to what you're wanting though...and that's okay!

That is weird about sunscreen and your nails. Is it all sunscreens?

Heather said...

I'm probably underqualified to be giving this advice since
a) I'm not married
b) I've never read this book

BUT...I have heard great things about Gary Chapman's The Five Love Languages. I'm pretty sure it has some Christian underlying messages but I'm not so sure it is a straight up bible study. But maybe you could combine it with something else or just talk about honoring God in your relationship while using these 5 love languages?? Just a thought...

Holly said...

You did have a busy day! Ashley's cake is beautiful! HOw fun!!

After watching the movie Fireproof, I have been wanting to get the Love Dare book, my sister is reading it right now with her hubby and loves it. You can get it at Walmart or on Amazon. :)

Jacquie said...

That cake is gorgeous! It will be so beautiful with the fall colors!!

My first thought on a study was "The Five Love Languages", too. The book includes a bible study. I also thought about "The Love Dare" study, but it really is geared to small-group study. There's a leader's kit and member kits. But, I bet it would be awesome, too!

I bought the book "Sacred Marriage" that MckMama always talks about, but honestly haven't had time to read it yet. I think it's more a book, to be read together.

I've been praying for your neice, Rebeccah. Is she better?? Isn't she set to come home tomorrow??

dee said...

My husband and I went through "Power Up! with powerful principles from Proverbs" by David Jeremiah in our small group. It was awesome - easy to follow and extremely practical. We loved it!
And the cake is gorgeous!! :)

Leigh Ann said...

Hey Betsy,
Received Ashley and John's save the date yesterday and we are saving the date! Can't wait! Let me know if you need anything..
Love, Leigh Ann

Lacy said...

That cake is so pretty, and I love flowers on cake! I am loving seeing Ashley's wedding come together! Y'all are so busy! Stop by my blog if you get a chance...

The Monogrammed Mrs. said...

Yes I have had the same problem with sunscreen when I had acrylic nails. Its been a few yrs so I can't quite remember what I did but I think alcohol removed the sticky. I do remember asking the nail folks and they knew what to tell me to do.

Alise Nettles said...

Betsy,
I'm so glad Ashley got her cake picked out and I'm sure she'll love having all those different flavors of cake! I'm so glad we got to meet for dinner, even on that crazy busy day you had! It was great and I'm enjoying reading all the bible study tips from everyone! thanks!
alise