Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home Again, Home Again...

When my kids were little they had a children's poetry book with this poem in it:

To market, to market to buy a fat pig
Home again, home again, jiggety jig
To market, to market to buy a fat hog
Home again, home again jiggety jog!


I knew this poem when I was a little girl, too. Now when I get home from somewhere, it always comes to my mind! haha

Anyway...we are home now! I always love coming home even though it is so much fun to go somewhere. I've already gotten our clothes washed and done our grocery shopping. I made one of our favorites for dinner tonight...King Ranch Chicken! Ashley and I also made Paula Deen's Brownie Pizza.


After dinner, she and John went to play cards at Steve's parents' house and she took part of it over there to share.

I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. Isn't that the best thing ever??

We had such a good time in Charleston this week. Right before we left today, we went to an amazing farmer's market that was right across the street from our hotel. I got some home grown tomatoes and corn on the cob, but they had everything from vegetables to jewelry to canned goods to artwork. I took lots of pictures because it was all so pretty! I put them all together in a little collage along with a few pictures I took during the week but didn't show you. So...here is our last day in Charleston!


5 comments:

Jacquie said...

I'm glad y'all are home safe, Betsy. I really enjoyed hearing all about your trip!! You always describe things so vividly ... it makes me want to go to all the places you've been.

That brownie pizza looks SO good!!

Holly said...

As fun as vacations are, there's no place like home! :) That brownie pizza looks amazing! Def. going to have to try it!! You should post the King Ranch Chicken recipe too... Zach & I lived on the King Ranch one summer! I wonder why I don't have that recipe?! ha-ha!

Lana said...

Love the pictures!! It looks like yall had a great time!!

Mom Can I? said...

the farmers market pictures look amazing! the veggie's don't look real!!! glad ya'll are home safe and sound!! isn't summer the best!!!????

Nancy said...

Your Charleston trip made me want to plan a trip to Charleston!

Glad you had a good time -

Will you post the King Ranch Chicken recipe please? I'm always looking for new chicken recipes!

Have a great week!