Friday, June 12, 2009

Graduation Day!

Today Laura and Lindy graduated from high school! It is hard to believe that my babies are now high school graduates! We took them out to lunch today at Chili's, then their graduation was at 3:30. When they left the house to go to the graduation ceremony, it was so sunny and hot and HUMID!! I grabbed them as they were rushing out the door and made them let me take a picture! :) I'm sure they get tired of me always taking pictures...especially if they are in a hurry! (They'll appreciate it later, right??)




Their graduation was really nice. They had about 550 in their senior class, so that could get long, but the principal and the person reading the names kept it moving and it seemed like it went by fast. Laura and Lindy are in the chorus, so before the graduation, they sang "A Place For Us". (They are in the middle on the front row.)


Here are a few other pictures from the ceremony. It was hard to get good pictures in there because we were so far away in that huge arena. Sorry they are blurry!




Right when graduation was over, as everyone was trying to leave to get to their cars, it started raining like crazy! We couldn't find Laura and Lindy because they had left their cell phones in the car since they weren't allowed to bring them in, so we were all out in the pouring down rain looking for each other. And there was no way we could get any family pictures! Here are Laura and Lindy after we found them. Their caps and gowns were soaking wet, so they had taken them off. (By the time we found L & L and made it to the car, the rain had stopped!!)


My niece, Brianna, also graduated today! Tonight we went to a little party for her. It was catered by our favorite....La Unica!! :) We had a really nice night celebrating with her. She is such a sweet, sweet girl with a heart for the Lord and for other people. She is going to the University of South Carolina next year, so Ashley and Mark were able to give her lots of advice!

Here we are dishing up that yummy Mexican food!


Here are Ashley and Laura with Brianna...


And just some other pictures of the night...












We are so proud of all three girls...Laura, Lindy, and Brianna! They have all worked really hard to get to this point.

Laura and Lindy's graduation party is going to be Sunday night, so the fun isn't over yet!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't think I've realized how much Laura and Lindy look like your Mom until I saw that last picture! Can you believe you are DONE with high school??? Gorgeous and sweet girls. I know you're proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all 3 girls!! I know you're proud of them!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all 3!! I went to a small Catholic HS so when I read about public school graduations I picture them taking 8 hours:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You seem to be handling the excitement much better than I did. Your family is beautiful and I know you're so proud. Have a great time with them this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all of the girls! What an exciting time this is for them! I love the picture with their boots on...I love boots with dresses....too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to 3 beautiful girls! Time goes by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to all wow!! Time goes by so fast eh! Everybody looks so cute! fun pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say, YES, the girls will be glad you had your camera out all the time. There are so few pictures of me in high school.

    It's been a BIG week for you! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betsy,
    I'm a little late in getting over, but I'm so happy for the girls ~~ Congratulations!!!!!

    Looking forward to seeing pics from their party tonight.

    Have a GREAT time,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah!!! School is over!!! So happy for summer! Your girls look beatuiful, even after the rain!! Congrats on raising good, smart kids!! Relax, you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)