Thursday, June 18, 2009

Charleston-Day 2

When we woke up this morning, it was pouring down rain, so I thought the day might consist of just hanging out in the hotel room and watching movies or something since Steve had to work all day today. But by the time I got up and got dressed, the rain had stopped and the clouds were clearing!

Even though I was by myself I didn't let that stop me. I had planned on taking a horse and buggy ride while we were here, but I heard that the walking tours of Charleston are really informative and more in depth, so I decided to do that today. On my way out the door, I had to stop by the coffee bar in our hotel. It smells so good everytime I get off the elevator. So I had my coffee in hand and was off!

The tour I went on was sooo interesting. Our tour guide was amazing and very friendly. He made Charleston really come alive. The tour was two hours long and I am such a nerd...I was taking notes the whole time so I could tell Steve everything I learned! If you are ever in Charleston, I would totally recommend the Tommy Dew Walking Tour. He is an expert on anything you might want to know and so friendly, too! (I didn't take this picture, but this is Tommy leading a tour!)


One thing you just have to accept here in Charleston is that you ARE going to sweat all day and there are pretty much no good hair days here. haha I just came to terms with that and it made for a much happier day.

After the tour, I stopped by Jim 'N Nick's Barbeque for lunch and had a yummy salad with smoked turkey. That place just smells so good when you are walking by, it just draws you in. I ate my salad and talked on my cell phone to Ashley who was interviewing in Charlotte today for some open teaching positions. Please pray for her! She just wants a job somewhere!! :)

When I got back to the hotel, it was time to hit the pool. I took my book and my drink and it was perfect. I LOVE lying by the pool with a good book!!


When Steve got back from work, we got dressed and went to dinner. Here we are as we were leaving the hotel.


After dinner we went on a horse and buggy tour, so I got to do that after all!



Our tour guide had just graduated from USC about two years ago and was a history major so he was really fun and informative! We learned alot and it was relaxing just to sit and ride around.


After our tour, we got our favorite mint chocolate chip hot fudge sundae at Haagan Daaz! We always love those! Since I had been out all day, I was ready to come back to the hotel and just watch a movie and hang out, so that's what we are doing tonight!

7 comments:

Girl with the Curlz said...

What a fun trip. I love Charleston. My husband and I were there 2 years ago. I so want to go back. I agree with you on the sweating and the hair (ha-ha). I will keep Ashley in my prayers regarding her job hunting. Have a great weekend. And Happy Father's day to the hubby.

Linda

Heather said...

What a fun day! I went to Charleston as a young girl and you are making me want to go back. I will definitly be thinking of Ashley! I know how frustrating it is to look for jobs, especially as a teacher where sometimes schools don't know how many teachers they need until late summer. I remember when I got my job, I wasn't hired until July 21st (my birthday! what a great present!) But I was freaking out before I was hired. Tell her not to worry if things don't happen right away, eventually they will :)

Ginger said...

I'm so glad you're having fun! The walking tours are great and you really do learn a lot. I like the horse and buggy too because it's informative and romantic! Hoping for the best for Ashley!

Alise Nettles said...

I am so glad you guys are having fun! We are going down there today to spend father's day weekend with my family. We'll be going to the beach/Isle of Palms tomorrow morning. I hope you get a chance to eat at the boathouse for dinner and Atlanticville for brunch!

Lana said...

It looks like you are having a great time! I just love Charleston!

I left an award for you on my blog. Feel free to play along if you'd like!

Mel said...

Hi Besty!
Came over from Kelly's Korner a few months back, this is my first comment :)
Looks like you are having a nice trip! We just LOVE Charleston :)
Mel

Meagan said...

Girl, it sounds like you travel my style! Laid back and relaxing with a little information thrown in! I LOVE tours when I go out of town... I am a nerd all the way when it comes to that! Otherwise I like to chillax on vacation!! :-)