Monday, June 22, 2009

3 K's

1-Keeping Bailey
This morning I got to babysit for my niece Bailey! Ashley has been nannying for her all summer, but today she wanted to have the morning to go to different schools and drop off her resume, so I said I would gladly keep Bailey! She is the cutest thing! First we went to the grocery store. I was buying some squash and I let her hold one. She didn't want to let it go! She held it the whole time we were shopping and kept putting it up to her cheek and saying, "Oooooo...it's cold!!"



After the grocery store, we hit the pool. Wow...I forgot how fast a two year old can move! Bailey loves the water and isn't afraid at all! I got my excercise keeping up with her. :)


Having a snack...



After the pool, Ashley met us for a trip to Wal-Mart and then Laura and Lindy joined us at McAlister's Deli for lunch. Bailey was super good the whole morning!

2-Kit Kitredge
Does anyone have Netflix? We have had it for over a year now and I really love it. I am one of those delinquent people who never can remember to turn a movie in on time, so this plan works well for me. You pay about $16 a month and get unlimited movies...two at a time. Then you can send them back whenever you are done watching them and they send you two new ones. Anyway, tonight Lindy and I are watching Kit Kitredge.


I have been wanting to see it because one of the little girls in second grade at my school is in it! She had leukemia two years ago and her "Make-A-Wish" request was to be in this movie, so she was granted her wish! I can't wait to see her!

3-King Ranch Chicken
Also, several of you requested that I post my King Ranch Chicken recipe from the other day, so here it is!

King Ranch Chicken

4-5 chicken breasts
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
1 package flour tortillas
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic salt

Boil chicken breasts until cooked through, then chop into bite size pieces. Dice onion and green pepper and sautee in a small amount of vegetable oil until onion is clear. Grease a large casserole dish. Cut tortillas into fourths and place one layer in the bottom of the dish. Layer half the chicken, half the onion and green peppers, and half the cheese. Add another layer of tortillas, chicken, onions and green peppers, and cheese. Sprinkle the top with chili powder and garlic salt.

Mix soups together and pour over layers. Top with Ro-tel tomatoes, including liquid. Top of the casserole will be wet.

Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Enjoy!


I always eat this casserole with what I call Mexican Salad. Since I'm giving out recipes, here is the recipe for this salad:

Mexican Salad

1 head iceberg lettuce
1 large tomato
1/2 vidalia onion
1 can Ranch-style beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Fritoes (optional)
1 bottle Catalina dressing

Chop up lettuce, tomato, and onion. Add beans, cheese, and fritoes and enough dressing to coat. Toss gently.


PS...Lindy is my "hat girl"! She has always loved hats and loves getting new ones. She got this fedora today and I thought it looked really cute on her.



I just had to take her picture in it! :)

6 comments:

Lana said...

Bailey is so cute! I bet she loved swimming in the pool!

I've never heard of that movie, but that is so neat that one of your students was in the movie. Awww!

I am so not a hat girl, but I love 'em! That hat is so cute!

Melanie said...

I am jumping to your blog via my daughter's, Lana. Your niece is beautiful. I just love pool pictures. Looks like you have a wonderful family. Can't wait to see more!

Holly said...

What CUTE girls, Bailey & Lindy!

Yeah! Thanks for posting that recipe! I'll be making it soon I'm sure! Sounds delish!

famaddox said...

Betsy , seeing that picture of Laura and Lindy with Steve- I never realized they favor him so much. Looks like you had a fun time with Bailey! Mrs. maddox

Megan L Hutchings said...

It has been so nice reading about your trip to Charleston :)! I can't imagine not having my chi in that humidity. Just another reason Steve is so wonderful.

Bailey is absolutely precious and you are so sweet to keep her for the morning. Vance loves the water too and has started blowing bubbles and jumping in. They grow so fast!

I will be praying for Ashley and her job search!

Meagan said...

Nieces are so fun aren't they! She's a cutiepie too!!

I haven't seen the Kit movie - but HOW NEAT that one of your students is in the movie! I can't wait to hear if it is good. I might need to check in to Netflix because I am TERRIBLE about returning movies late!! :-)

Thanks for the recipes... you know I am always down for trying something new! :-)