Sunday, May 31, 2009

Slowing Down

It has been the best weekend here. The clouds and humidity have finally disappeared...thank goodness. The sky has been so blue and the sun is shining and it has been just a little taste of summer.

Yesterday I got to relax and get a pedicure and a manicure. I have never really liked pedicures before, but all of a sudden I am liking them now??? They just make my toes look so much better and my feet are so soft afterwards. Plus the girls who have been doing them are really gentle and they don't use that tool that is like pointy scissors and cut the sides of my toes so much that I get scared I am going to get ingrown toenails!

Anyway...I also did a little grocery shopping, changed sheets, and got some laundry done. Then I cooked dinner and took it to my brother, Brent, and his wife Britney. They just had a baby girl about three weeks ago. I took them one of our family's favorite recipes...Chicken And Bacon. It is so super easy and we all love it. Here is the recipe in case you ever want to try it:

Chicken and Bacon

4-6 chicken breasts
1 package bacon
2 pkgs chipped beef
1 small container of sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Spray Pam in a baking dish and line with chipped beef slices. Wrap each piece of chicken in one slice of bacon and place on top of chipped beef. Cover chicken with another layer of chipped beef. Mix mushroom soup and sour cream together and pour over chicken and chipped beef. Bake at 275 for 3 hours. Serve over rice.


This is a great recipe for taking dinner to someone or having company over. We always used to have it for dinner on Christmas Eve!

Here are some pictures of my two sweet nieces...Bailey looked so funny running around in her goggles! Once school is over I want to take her swimming with me one day. :)


And here is sweet thing...little Brooklyn. She was just sleeping like a rock!


Last night it was such a nice night that we decided to grill steaks out. Oh my goodness...I guess it's been a while since we grilled out, but those steaks were DELICIOUS!! It was only Steve and me and Mark at home, but we had a great time sitting on the porch together having dinner.

Mark has been working two lifegaurding jobs since he's been home. He is getting the best tan (he has that naturally dark skin that tans in a flash...I am so jealous!) But being out in the sun all day makes him so hungry. This is where I find him many times a day...standing in front of the refridgerator wondering what there is to eat. I feel like I have locusts in my house...haha. My groceries are disappearing so fast now!


I love having him home!


He is also taking a summer math course online. Good thing he has Ashley to help him...she's a math wiz! And when she's not around, he can always count on our neighbor Kelsey to help out. She is majoring in veterinary medicine at NC State University and is really great at math and science! They sat at the table outside on the porch for over an hour last night doing math problems! :)


Anyway...I needed this weekend so much to get ready to face the next eight school days. I have been so super busy that I really needed a quiet weekend with nothing big on the agenda and this weekend was just that. Now I'm off to read more of my book, My Sister's Keeper. It is really good, but sad!

Hope you had a good weekend, too!

7 comments:

Lana said...

I'll have to try the Chicken and Bacon recipe! Sounds yummy! I wish I was tan!! I am trying, but I feel so pale! :) Your neices are adorable!! So cute!

Enjoy your last 8 days of school! I am on the countdown, too! 5 days left!!

Faye said...

Thank-u for sharing! Looks like you have had a great weekend! Please keep us in your prayers! Blessings, Faye

Jessica said...

Aww! It looks like you are living with a lifeguarder too! : )

Your little neices are so cute! The littlest one, Brooklyn, has a serious head full of gorgeous hair! Wow!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so happy you were able to get in a quiet weekend before school winds down :)!

Your family is so INCREDIBLY beautiful...just like you :)!

petrii said...

Betsy,
That recipe sounds really yummee!! That little baby is a cutie!!!

Mark is getting quite a tan, and that girl he is sitting with at the table is a cutie =)

Dak eats us out of house and home to, but I'm SOOOOOOO glad, it means he's home ~~ love it!!!

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

chickadee@afamiliarpath said...

what a precious little bundled baby!

Melissa said...

Why are all of Jodi Picoult's books so sad? Have you finished My Sister's Keeper yet? I read it,let me know what you think when you finish it.