Friday, May 22, 2009

It's The Little Things

I know I say this every week, but I am sooo glad it's Friday! The countdown is totally ON...only 13 more days of school, baby! :) Happy Day!

We have been sick at our house this week. Between Steve, Laura, and Lindy we have had fever, sore throat, sinus infection, croup, and ear infection!! This is such a bad time of year to be sick. Not only is it beautiful outside, but there is so much going on and it is hard to slow down.

Steve and I did get to go on a date tonight which we haven't done in a really long time. We went to dinner and then stopped to get some ice cream at Baskin Robbins. I think I've told you that we both worked there together when we were just 16 and had our first kiss in the big walk in freezer! haha We got our favorite sundae...mint chocolate chip with hot fudge and nuts.


We always used to make that at the end of our shift. When I taste that, it takes me back in time!

We got to sit outside tonight and just enjoy the beautiful night and catch up on life. Isn't it crazy that two people can live in the same house, but be so busy that you don't even get a chance to talk sometimes?? That's been us lately.

But when we finally get a minute, we always have the best time together, even doing simple things like eating ice cream or getting the car washed or sitting on a bench talking. That's what I love about us! :)

We've had some good things going on at our house this week, too. Last night was Laura and Lindy's last chorus concert. It was really good. Their high school has so many talented kids. It was very entertaining and enjoyable. Since Ashley started high school eight years ago, I'm not sure how many chorus concerts we've been to, but it's been ALOT!! I can't believe last night was the last one!

And, Ashley got a job interview today in Greenville, SC!! If you prayed for her, thank you so much!! She should know something by June 8th, so I will keep you posted.

Even though life has been busy lately, there are a few little things that I have been loving...

1-You know I love country music, and I have two new favorite songs. I have heard them on my way to school this week and been singing them all day...

Brad Paisley's song I Thought I Loved You Then which has the sweetest lyrics ever...


and She's Got Whatever It Is by Zac Brown Band which is what I call a "feel good" song...love it!


2-I got a Cinnamon and Sugar Yankee Candle last weekend and have been burning it all week. Mmmmm...my house smells sooo good!


3-I love smell good stuff and I am addicted to this fabric softener and dryer sheets...


Even when they are still in the grocery bags in the car, they already smell so good!

It doesn't take much to make me happy! Hope you have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Aww. I love the Baskin Robbins story! So funny about the first kiss in the big freezer. ;)

If "Then" was out when my husband and I got married last year, it would've been our wedding song. He's in Iraq right now (I just stumbled upon your blog, don't ask me how, I don't even remember.), and the first time I heard it on our country station, it turned me into a mess of tears. We're big Brad fans! :)

Deidre said...

I love that Brad Paisley song! So sweet!

I do hope Ashley gets her job and I will continue praying. It's such a scary time to be looking for a job right now. My little brother just graduated from WCU and is having no luck.

Have a great, relaxing weekend Betsy!

Jacquie said...

I love me some Mint Chip ice cream and I love your BR freezer story!! Y'all are so cute.

So glad to hear about Ashley's interview... I'll be praying every morning for them... so keep us posted.

My boys don't appreciate those dryer sheets... they think they're too girly.

Have a fun weekend.

Holly said...

Oh, this post made me stop and smell the roses! Thanks Betsy! LOVE all your little things! :)

Lana said...

My countdown is officially on, too! We have 9 days left!!

I know exactly what you mean about being together all the time, but never having the chance to actually talk! My fiance and I are like that sometimes.

I hope things went well for Ashley and the interview in Greenville! I've been there a few times!

I love those two country songs! I am a huge fan of country music, too! I think I might play Brad Paisley's song at my wedding this summer! It's so pretty!

Christal said...

you guys are the cutest love the ice cream story! And just being together doing anything is fun isn't ! I love that brad song too and good smelling stuff! Yum ! Hope your all feeling completely better!!

Buttercup said...

Your blog is great. Really enjoyed reading it.

P.S. We have the same favorite sundae.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am a HUGE fan of Baskin Robbins too :)! That story was so sweet about you and Steve!!!

It sounds like your year and the wonderful craziness you have been experiencing is starting to slow down. Now you can focus on graduation and a wedding!