Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the sweet mothers out there. I am so thankful for my own mom. She gave me such a simple and sweet childhood and was always there for advice and comfort through my growing up years.

I am also so blessed with my own four children that God has given me. Words can't even express how much I love each one of them. They are God's greatest gifts in my life (along with my husband) and I have loved being their mom! I always knew I wanted lots of kids when I was little. I never knew how hard it could be, but it is also the best job I will ever have. I am so thankful that God chose me to do it!

Today we had a cookout after church and Steve did all the work. He grilled hamburgers for our parents and our brothers and sisters and their families. Here I am with my four sweeties on the porch today...



Last night was Laura and Lindy's prom. I wish I could have been there to see them getting all dressed up and taking pictures. They had the BEST time! Here are just a few of the before-prom pics with the girls!

It was so funny because the other night Lindy was at my mom's house and my mom got out an old necklace for my neice Bailey to play with. Well, Lindy spotted it and asked my mom if she could wear it to prom, so that is what she has on!! So, keep that old jewelry that you think you'll never wear again...it might come back in style! :)








I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

They look so pretty! I love that old necklace!!

Jacquie said...

How fun that your mother's necklace went to the Prom!! I love the photos.

Glad you had a fun day with your family.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I thought about you a lot this weekend and all of the exciting things you had going on. All of your daughters look absolutely beautiful and it looks like they were able to enjoy graduation and prom.

You are a wonderful mom Betsy!!!

Holly said...

Two FUN events for your cute girls! That's too funny, my grandma kept all her jewlery too and now we wear it as well! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

Lacy said...

The girls look so pretty!! Happy Mother's Day, glad you could spend it with your kids! :)

Ginger said...

The girls look so pretty...love the necklace!