Friday, May 8, 2009

The Craziness That Is May

I love May! It is normally such a beautiful month. All the trees are green again and the flowers are blooming and the sky is blue. (This past week has been an exception to that, though, unfortunately.)

As much as I love the month of May, I think it comes in second place after December for busiest month of the year. There is just one thing after another on my "to-do" list!


Today I had a big presentation in my class where the kids presented their rainforest projects to their parents. I made muffins and fruit and coffee and the kids did such a great job. But it was a late night last night and an early morning this morning (the parents arrived at 7:30!) I am exhausted!

Tomorrow is Ashley's college graduation and we are moving her home, too.


It also happens to be prom for Laura and Lindy. I am so sad that I can't be here to take pictures, etc. But I just felt like college graduation was the priority. So we are driving to Columbia tomorrow for that. Both Steve's parents and mine are coming and we will go out to dinner to celebrate afterwards!

I can't believe Ashley is graduating from college!! How did that happen so fast?? She has had the BEST four years at USC and absolutely loved it. Here are a few of her fun times over the last four years...












Sunday is Mother's Day and we are having a cookout at our house after church for both our families.


Steve is going to handle all that for me though. I love having people over when someone else does all the cooking and cleaning!! I'm all about being pampered! haha

Then Monday is Ashley's 22nd birthday!


I think we will take her out to dinner to celebrate. Not sure when I am going to do my birthday shopping, though! ;)

Next Thursday is our Field Day at school AND my assistant's birthday AND my brother, Brent, and his wife Britney are having their little girl that day! I am so excited for them. Please pray that everything is okay with the baby!

So...that is the schedule for the next week. Tonight? I am being LAZY!!! I think I will order a pizza and maybe get in my pajamas really early and watch a movie and probably fall asleep. I need my beauty rest for the business ahead of me!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS...I just read my sweet friend Ginger's blog. She has been a friend of mine for a long time now and this year we were blessed enough to teach together in second grade. But anyway, she wrote the sweetest post about her mother and I just wanted to share it with you on this Mother's Day weekend. I can so relate to it and I bet you can, too! You can read it here.

7 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to how busy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitly relate to the business of May. We were given a TWENTY page end of the year close-out procedures checklist packet the other day. Talk about giving me a heart attack!

    At least a lot of your busy things are fun things! What an exciting time for your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where does the time go? Can't believe that Ashley is graduating from college! You've got a busy, busy few days ahead. Take a deep breath if you can...at least your habitat presentation is complete! Yea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mothers day!! and congrats to ashley what a great accomplishment! BUsy time at your house eh! Relax and have a great weekend lots of fun things to do eh! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen on May being the busiest month...EVER!!!

    I pray that over the next few weeks everything comes together beautifully. Take lots of pictures and cherish the special moments ahead. You AMAZE me sweet Betsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your heart. I hope you did get to bed early last night with all you have going on this week. I know you hate to miss prom, but what an exciting day for Ashley. Hang in there this week. We will be praying for Brent and Britney.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May and December are my favorite months of the year!!

    I know how proud you are of all your children, but especially of Ashley today as she graduates from college! Kale has one semester left - the time HAS flown!!

    You are such a great Mom, Betsy. I hope your Mother's Day is truly blessed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)