Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Changing It Up!

I'm so excited because my sweet and talented blogging friend, Faith, helped me get a whole new blog look and she did such an amazing job!


Faith has been a friend of mine for a while, but recently started doing blog makeovers. I KNEW I would love anything she put together because she has such an eye for design and her style is right on target with what I like. So I am loving my new look!! If you are thinking about getting a blog make-over...you should totally consider using Faith. Just click on her blog design button on the left hand side of my blog near the bottom! Thank you so much, Faith!!!

Tonight was our Curriculum Night at school where we talk to rising second grade parents about what their child can expect in second grade. But before I went, Laura and Lindy wanted to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and go get Mexican food. You know I won't argue with that! haha


But once I left La Unica and was driving to school, the sky turned completely black and a tornado warning came on the radio. I was hurrying to get to school hoping a funnel cloud wouldn't carry me off!

Curriculum Night went well. We had about 60 people there and I hate talking in front of people, but I think I did okay. :) When I left, the rain was coming down in sheets. I had to take of my shoes and run as fast as I could to the car and I STILL got soaked!


I am so glad that is over and I am home in my comfy t-shirt and shorts ready to relax for the night. Mark is home from college and I am loving that. I am so glad the school year is winding down. I love summer and I think I am starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel! Yay!

Today is my dad's birthday and I can't let the day go by without wishing him a Happy Birthday.


I am so lucky to have such a wonderful dad. He preached at our church on Sunday and I loved hearing him. He was pastor at our church for 14 years while I was growing up and I was so blessed to be able to sit under his guidance and teaching all those years. Then he moved to Briarlake Baptist in Atlanta when Ashley was about a year old so I didn't get to hear him much anymore. But now he is back and on staff as Pastor of Evangelism and Missions and he gets to preach every now and then. I have to say that God has truly gifted him. Every time he preaches, I get comments on how much he has blessed someone's life. Even tonight at the Curriculum Night, one of the moms in my class had been at church on Sunday and she didn't even know it was my dad, but she was raving about the Sunday sermon! I couldn't have agreed with her more. I hope I have many more years to be able to sit and listen to my dad tell his story and in turn, lead others to Christ. Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you!!

12 comments:

  1. Love the new look and how she added your family pics on the side. Too cute! Great job Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new design!!! She's talented!

    So glad things are winding down.

    Hey, I have a little one heading to second grade next year. Just found out that her teacher is going to loop next year, and I am SO excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what Faith did with your blog! I've condidered it several times and keep putting it off!

    You did a great job tonight too...whew!! Glad that's over. You are so calm. Me on the other hand, faster and faster with my words.

    I so glad your daddy is still preaching and using his gift. What a testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new look is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy,
    What a wonderful blessing to have a daddy that preaches and teaches the Word of God.

    I love the new look. Faith does such a GREAT job!!!

    Have a Blessed and drier =) day,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the new look Betsy! It's darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new design...especially all of the flowers :)!!!

    So sorry about the close call with the tornado and all of the rain. It has truly been coming a flood here!!!

    Your dad sounds like such a sweet, sweet man:)!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE The new look!! Sooo cute! Faith is really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the 2nd one of Faith's design that I have seen & I am loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy, I LOVE your new look! I love the pictures and header and all the little "frames" around your pictures on the side. Too cute!

    Glad that you got to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style! You are the second person I have heard mention La Unica in the past 2 days! Sounds like I may need to check that out!

    Hope your Dad had a wonderful birthday! He sounds like such a sweet man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faith did a great job on your blog - it's adorable!

    That's scary about the tornado warning. Glad you made it safe.

    And, your Dad and you look alike. I hope he had a Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I love reading them all! :)